Congratulations!!!!

donbarzini

To the St Mary's American Little League Indians. The 9-12 yo boys took the championship banner at the Inaugural District 7 Memorial Day Tournament.
Well done young men!!

vbailey

vbailey
To the St Mary's American Little League Indians. The 9-12 yo boys took the championship banner at the Inaugural District 7 Memorial Day Tournament.
Well done young men!!

I am the very proud mother of one of those boys!!! They played their hearts out! We are all very proud of all of them!!! Great Job Boys, You Rock!!!

donbarzini

I am the very proud mother of one of those boys!!! They played their hearts out! We are all very proud of all of them!!! Great Job Boys, You Rock!!!

I had the privilege of umpiring 3 of your games, and I have to say that your team and the St Mary's Yankees were overall the best behaved of the bunch.
And that is NOT to say that any of them were behaving badly. At least not at the 9-12 year old level.

yankee44

I had the privilege of umpiring 3 of your games, and I have to say that your team and the St Mary's Yankees were overall the best behaved of the bunch.
And that is NOT to say that any of them were behaving badly. At least not at the 9-12 year old level.

Hey Don, How did the JRs go?

vbailey

vbailey

Thank you. The coaches teach them to have good sportsmanship. That is a very important part of playing ball. They sometimes get dissappointed with themselves but the boys seem to be in tune to lifting each other up when that happens.

donbarzini

Hey Don, How did the JRs go?

After umpiring 10 games in 2 1/2 days, with 7 of them being behind the plate, I got out of there as soon as I could. When I left they had just started the Jr championship between the Rays and a Northern Calvert pool team.

donbarzini

Thank you. The coaches teach them to have good sportsmanship. That is a very important part of playing ball. They sometimes get dissappointed with themselves but the boys seem to be in tune to lifting each other up when that happens.

But shame on YOU for teasing your husband about getting "misty" over his pride in those boys :lmao:

vbailey

vbailey
It was a great week end, the weather was beautiful. It was so much fun watching the boys play. But after 6 games in 3 days, it was a lot. I am wondering how some of the boys and the parents are feeling today. We have a game tonight unless it is rained out.....again!!!!

vbailey

vbailey
But shame on YOU for teasing your husband about getting "misty" over his pride in those boys :lmao:

He does, he thinks of them like they are his own kids, he pours his heart into those boys, all 3 of the coaches really do a good job with the kids. My son has been playing ball since he was 4yrs old (T-ball) so we have known some of the boys for awhile now. I have to admit it, I get misty at times too.......
BUT ....THERE IS NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!!!

yankee44

After umpiring 10 games in 2 1/2 days, with 7 of them being behind the plate, I got out of there as soon as I could. When I left they had just started the Jr championship between the Rays and a Northern Calvert pool team.

No way. We beat the SMALL Rays pretty good when we played them a couple of weeks ago.