Considering all of the threads on local driving

Part of the problem or not

• Im perfect, no problems, everyone else is an idiot

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Everyone has their moment of idiocy behind the wheel

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • I should not really be driving at all.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I live in my moms basement and am not allowed to drive

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters

bcp

In My Opinion
Thread after thread of people pointing out how everyone else on the road is an idiot.
And, with the first snow will come the
I can drive in it but nobody else can. or, I learned to drive in 20ft of snow on top of the Swiss Alps,
Rain? Night? everyone is better at driving than everybody else.

If everyone was as good as they claimed to be, then would there be as many accidents and complaints?

So, I ask,
are you doing everything the right way and everyone else is an ass
or
are you part of the problem, at least part of the time.

At least when I spaced off and ran a red light up here almost causing what was inches from an accident that would have most likely resulted in the death of a small child, I did admit that I pulled an ass hole moment...

glhs837

Power with Control
The occasional moment of idiocy is to be expected, nobody is perfect. It's a pattern of idiocy, or a bad reaction to that occasional moment, thats where the problems come in.

Drifting into another lane not a big deal, unless doing so freaks you out and you jerk the wheel so hard you go out of control, or over into the third lane. Losing your situational awareness such that you see the folks at a stop in front of you would normally still leave time to stop, but panic sets in, and folks forget that can still steer, even in full ABS braking mode.

Of course, if you routinely do these things, the law of averages will catch up to you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We all have ####### moments from time to time. But I think people who really can't drive worth a damn don't realize it or won't admit it. Oblivions who roll down the road like Mario Kart aren't going to realize they suck at driving - they're too busy texting to notice.

That said, last night on my way home I saw a dumbchit swing into the wrong lane when turning from Rt 4 onto 235S. The vehicle he almost took out was...a cop car.

:lmao:

It gave me a lot of pleasure to see that ####### get lit up. Hopefully the cop took him somewhere secluded and tased him until his heart stopped.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And one more thing:

If you yak on your phone or text while driving, you are a bad driver. The end. I don't care if you think you can do both at the same time - you can't and you're a menace. You may think you're a good driver because you don't notice yourself weaving all over the road, tailgating, and running red lights. But your fellow motorists DO notice. And, yes, it's you we're complaining about on the forums.

Hank

my war
It gave me a lot of pleasure to see that ####### get lit up. Hopefully the cop took him somewhere secluded and tased him until his heart stopped.

First you wish suicide on people and now this? What is your problem lady? :coffee:

thatguy

Thread after thread of people pointing out how everyone else on the road is an idiot.
And, with the first snow will come the
I can drive in it but nobody else can. or, I learned to drive in 20ft of snow on top of the Swiss Alps,
Rain? Night? everyone is better at driving than everybody else.
I had a guy refuse a tow i was offering when he was stuck in the snow a couple of years ago. He told me "i grew up in colorado, this is nothing" I went back in my house and watched him spin his tires until he ran out of gas. he was too embarrased to come ask for the tow after that.

bcp

In My Opinion
I had a guy refuse a tow i was offering when he was stuck in the snow a couple of years ago. He told me "i grew up in colorado, this is nothing" I went back in my house and watched him spin his tires until he ran out of gas. he was too embarrased to come ask for the tow after that.

I offer to take people to somewhere warm to wait for a tow truck.
I figure that if I pull them out they will just do it again and the next time might not be so lucky.
Ive been called an ass for this before.

BernieP

Resident PIA
We all have ####### moments from time to time. But I think people who really can't drive worth a damn don't realize it or won't admit it. Oblivions who roll down the road like Mario Kart aren't going to realize they suck at driving - they're too busy texting to notice.

That said, last night on my way home I saw a dumbchit swing into the wrong lane when turning from Rt 4 onto 235S. The vehicle he almost took out was...a cop car.

:lmao:

Boy do I agree, it's the chuckle heads that just drive down the road oblivious to other traffic - while they are probably the greatest threat to safety, they are the least likely to get stopped because they aren't breaking the speed limit.
Unfortunately traffic safety and revenue enhancement are not mutally exclusive, writing tickets is as more about revenue (the result) then getting bad drivers off the road.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Back in '98; I think it was; I wrecked my "road rocket" on 249 in Callaway.

It was snowing; I should've stayed home; but instead, I tried to go to work. Keep in mind, I don't drive in snow, EVER if I can avoid it; but, I felt like I HAD to go to work. So, I set out.

I was creeping along and hit one sweeping right turn and "dumped" it in a ditch, up onto some guy's yard; took out his wagon wheel by his mailbox and came to rest; driver's side on the pavement.

Two guys happened by and helped me get the car back on all four's.
A plow driver stopped and called the local constabulary.

The cop that showed up was NOT happy that he had to deal with me that day; he had better things to do. He didn't DO anything to help; but he did threaten to give the guy who helped me with a truck and car trailer, a ticket. That is kind of a long story.

Just picture the snowstorm in '98, a snow-covered road, a car trailer hooked to a full-sized pickup winching a car out of a ditch, sliding down into the ditch; and the enfuriated truck trailer owner getting in the truck to pull the car and the trailer onto the icy road. The truck fishtailed one way, the trailer went the other way, and the car slid along the length of the ditch ALMOST into the wagon wheel and mailbox.

The cop tells ME, I should give him a ticket for that sh*t. I looked at him and said, "I wouldn't." "He's pretty "Torqued" right now."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It was snowing; I should've stayed home; but instead, I tried to go to work. Keep in mind, I don't drive in snow, EVER if I can avoid it; but, I felt like I HAD to go to work. So, I set out.

My daughter did that. It was snowy and the roads were bad, she was 16, and was told to go STRAIGHT to work and STRAIGHT home. She got an ESL moment and decided to go to Starbuck's first. Came down Braddock Mountain, hit an icy patch and plowed into the guardrail. At that moment a large truck was bearing down on her. If the driver hadn't been paying attention and had such great reflexes, he'd have killed her. As it stands, he just smashed off the back end of her Wagoneer.

She gets this crap from her father's side because *I* know my limitations and don't drive when I know the roads are bad and/or visibility is poor. I also avoid rush hour 235 traffic and do my running around either before or after.

awpitt

Main Streeter
My daughter did that. It was snowy and the roads were bad, she was 16, and was told to go STRAIGHT to work and STRAIGHT home. She got an ESL moment and decided to go to Starbuck's first. Came down Braddock Mountain, hit an icy patch and plowed into the guardrail. At that moment a large truck was bearing down on her. If the driver hadn't been paying attention and had such great reflexes, he'd have killed her. As it stands, he just smashed off the back end of her Wagoneer.

She gets this crap from her father's side because *I* know my limitations and don't drive when I know the roads are bad and/or visibility is poor. I also avoid rush hour 235 traffic and do my running around either before or after.

Braddock Mountain. That's Alt 40 the road between Middletown and I-70, right?

Those steep sharp curves can be tricky on a sunny day in May let alone during snow. Just like when it crosses South Mtn going into Boonsboro.

bcp

In My Opinion

I must admit that when there is deep snow on the roads, I am one of those in the 4x4 that has to go out and play.
I am always surprised when someone in a front wheel drive comes up behind the dually 4x4, gets upset because I am driving slow, then flies around me like he/she has all the control in the world.
Hint, if the 4x4s are driving slow due to road conditions, it might be a good idea for the average 1 wheel drive to consider also slowing down.

I mostly go to parking lots and communities looking for the deepest snow I can find just to see if I will get stuck.

Just cant fix stupid, they dont make drugs for that condition, Ive learned to accept it.

Graymatter

Maybe not related, but how about the morons that come in gate 1 and cut between the jersey barriers to the lanes on the other side of the median (in the morning).

Like the dumbazz driving the black Vette who apparently didn't see the big yellow school bus this morning. He didn't look too happy about the damage to the side of his car...LOL

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Braddock Mountain. That's Alt 40 the road between Middletown and I-70, right?

Those steep sharp curves can be tricky on a sunny day in May let alone during snow. Just like when it crosses South Mtn going into Boonsboro.

Yep. That's why we specifically told her to go straight to work and straight home.

Dumb kid.