Constitutional law professor slams CNN's Jim Acosta as source of 'press pandemic'

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Jim Acosta's interruption of Dr. Birx is an example of how CNN's echo-journalism model is destroying the media's credibility,” Turley tweeted on Saturday. “Every question from Acosta is an effort to score points rather than elicit information. It is a press pandemic that continues to rage without relief.”

Turley (who was referring to Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the task force) was a GOP witness during the Democratic-led impeachment investigation against President Trump.

Jim Acosta's interruption of Dr. Birx is an example of how CNN's echo-journalism model is destroying the media's credibility. Every question from Acosta is an effort to score points rather than elicit information. It is a press pandemic that continues to rage without relief.
— Jonathan Turley (@JonathanTurley) April 3, 2020
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...s-cnns-jim-acosta-as-source-of-press-pandemic

Hijinx

Jim Acosta works for CNN and is doing exactly what CNN wants him to do.

If you blame Jim Acosta you must blame CNN, they could shut him up easily .

WingsOfGold

Just refuse to call on him and others like. There are no rules on either side. Ground rules ONE question at a time, if I don't call on you just stfu and behave. Answer one or two questions and leave if they can't behave.

Me personally am tired of their "gotcha" game. No matter the question just say I wanted to stop air traffic from china...... next.

Reactions: BOP

herb749

Just refuse to call on him and others like. There are no rules on either side. Ground rules ONE question at a time, if I don't call on you just stfu and behave. Answer one or two questions and leave if they can't behave.

Me personally am tired of their "gotcha" game. No matter the question just say I wanted to stop air traffic from china...... next.

Oh Trump has tried that. Yesterday there was a guy in the front row. He asked his question, Trump answered, then he continued to try to ask more. Trump kept ignoring him taking questions from the back of the room. When he replied to a question to a guy in the row behind him, the same reporter tried asking questions again. Trump did a nice quip to the reporter behind him, saying he was a nice guy and he'd answer his question. Then told the question interuptor guy, not that I don't like you too. It was pretty funny.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh Trump has tried that. Yesterday there was a guy in the front row. He asked his question, Trump answered, then he continued to try to ask more. Trump kept ignoring him taking questions from the back of the room. When he replied to a question to a guy in the row behind him, the same reporter tried asking questions again. Trump did a nice quip to the reporter behind him, saying he was a nice guy and he'd answer his question. Then told the question interuptor guy, not that I don't like you too. It was pretty funny.

They're a bunch of ill-mannered kindergartners. I don't know how anyone looks at these doofs and is comfortable with them being the ones who deliver our information.