Construction in Charlottte Hall

Legacy

Does anyone know what is going up next to the new Veterans Outpatient Clinic in Charlotte Hall? Looks like they started clearing the land for some type of construction.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Something more to complain about:

OldHillcrestGuy

Just heard rumor, Sheetz. Remember, rumor only

That was my rumor I mentioned it I think on Nextdoor. I heard that from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from a source. LOL

There is suppose to be alot of buildings to take place on all that land. Heard even a hotel of some type. Also a bit of industrial buildings. Believe its all part of a Parlett parcel of land.

OldHillcrestGuy

Thats what most people want to do is complain. Ive lived off Oaks Rd just beyond the 4way stop for over 44 years. Sure there will be a increase in traffic and the complainers talk about accidents at that 4way intersection, I only know of about 2-3 a year that require fire dept. response. During baseball season Oaks gets really loaded with traffic from Oak Ridge Park going back and forth to the fields. I would much rather see a nice developed piece of land then see the looks of that place now. We already have several not so nice looking pieces of land to include the site of the now famous new McKay's, the Farmers Market and several lots along by the Southern States. Not the greatest looking sites for new people entering the county.

Blister

Oh the memories. Getting a room for a party of 20-30 people at the Charlotte Hall Motel after watching Kix, or the Road Ducks at the Club Sunrise. Only place I ever saw a guy get thrown though a plate glass window in real life. The Sunrise also had one of the nicest concrete pee-troughs I ever used.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh the memories. Getting a room for a party of 20-30 people at the Charlotte Hall Motel after watching Kix, or the Road Ducks at the Club Sunrise. Only place I ever saw a guy get thrown though a plate glass window in real life. The Sunrise also had one of the nicest concrete pee-troughs I ever used.
We're losing so much of what once defined sothin merlin.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So the board was finally convinced? I wonder what changed their minds?

1658746260972.png

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
We're losing so much of what once defined sothin merlin.
Well, like they say, "You can't stop progress". Then, a few years later, they'll look around and say, "What did we do?" And then a smart ass like me will say, "We told you this was going to happen but you said that you can't stop progress".

GregV814

wait, wait wait a minute....I thought they were breaking ground for the George Floyd Memorial Hemp Center.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well, like they say, "You can't stop progress". Then, a few years later, they'll look around and say, "What did we do?" And then a smart ass like me will say, "We told you this was going to happen but you said that you can't stop progress".
The writing was on the wall about the loss of local culture when we could no longer get mixed drinks at the liquor store drive-thrus.

OldHillcrestGuy

Club Sunrise, I could hear the noise on the weekends from where I live and that's about 4-5 football fields away as the crow flies. You could hear the fights happening outside in the parking lot. Back in those days it was more fist fights and getting the $hit knocked out of you, its bullets flying everywhere now, and it once was a Raley's Furniture store..