contagious?

If you have a bacterial infection and have been taking antibiotics for four days, are the odds for or against that you are still contagious?

B

Bronwyn

If you have a bacterial infection and have been taking antibiotics for four days, are the odds for or against that you are still contagious?

Depends on what kind of infection.

If it's MRSA... yes, you are still infestious.

It's a staph infection. You take antibiotics to clear it up. Very contagious even after you are on anitbiotics.

What if it's not staph and just a run-of-the-mill bacterial infection? After four days w/antibiotics, is it more probable that you are/aren't contagious?

B

Bronwyn

What if it's not staph and just a run-of-the-mill bacterial infection? After four days w/antibiotics, is it more probable that you are/aren't contagious?

Without knowing more, I don't think anyone could tell you that. You might want to get into webMD and look for more info.

It's better to bet you're still contagious before someone else finds out the hard way.

Exactly. :yeahthat:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
:doh:

If you work around a lot of people or food you probably shouldn't leave the house yet, until you know.

saggy

Saggy
You still have cooties if you are blowing or coughing up colors. Sorry I don't know anyother way to put it. If it's clear or white you got rid of the cooties.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Stay home. I can't be exposed to anything due to chemo, so I'd appreciate it if the sick people stayed home, but I don't go out hardly at all. :shrug: Just saying.