Converting video tape to MPG file...

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I recently recorded a video-taped interview of my grandpa using my sisters digital video camera... onto these small tapes.... even smaller than the 8 MM kind that my girlfriend's camera uses...

Anyone know how I can get those converted to an MPEG file for editing on my computer and/or can loan me their equipment?

sleuth said:
I recently recorded a video-taped interview of my grandpa using my sisters digital video camera... onto these small tapes.... even smaller than the 8 MM kind that my girlfriend's camera uses...

Anyone know how I can get those converted to an MPEG file for editing on my computer and/or can loan me their equipment?

I'm not familiar w/ this stuff at all ... but we just did a video of my son singing happy birthday to his grandpa. Hubby hooked up the video camera to my computer and downloaded it. It saved as a Windows Media Audio/Video file. We then used Windows Movie Maker to create the movie.

Are you able to connect directly to your computer?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
CableChick said:
I'm not familiar w/ this stuff at all ... but we just did a video of my son singing happy birthday to his grandpa. Hubby hooked up the video camera to my computer and downloaded it. It saved as a Windows Media Audio/Video file. We then used Windows Movie Maker to create the movie.

Are you able to connect directly to your computer?
I don't have the camera. :shrug:

My sister lives in Indiana... all I have is the tape...

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
There has to be a company out there where you can send the video, and they convert it for you. :shrug:

Triggerfish

sleuth said:

The DV tapes? The only way I know how would be connecting the camcorder(which you don't have) to the PC via USB. Or as mentioned there are places that will do it for you like Best Buys.

Last edited: