Cooks is back in the gas business!!!! YAY!!!!

glhs837

Power with Control
Prices are reasonable. So far anyway. Now I can ride the ATV down there.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
Great news! The new owners of Ridge Market seem to be trying to pay off their new venture in months rather than years - $3.499 for gas a couple days ago.

stgislander

PREMO Member
What's the price for regular unleaded at Cooks today? Seems locally it's up to $3.49/gal.

phreddyp

Well, it matched the Sheetz up the road until Sheetz upped their price, and its been over a month, so I'm not sure why you say that.
Because it is common tactic in the oil and gas industry to bring back customers or pick up new ones after a shut down for repairs or remodeling or opening a new site. I worked hand to hand with oil companies for over 30 years and have seen it hundreds of times . But you don't have to take my word for it time will show you .

glhs837

Power with Control
Because it is common tactic in the oil and gas industry to bring back customers or pick up new ones after a shut down for repairs or remodeling or opening a new site. I worked hand to hand with oil companies for over 30 years and have seen it hundreds of times . But you don't have to take my word for it time will show you .

Oh, I understand, and I was sort of thinking that myself, especially when I saw they matched Sheetz. And when they raised it to $3.49, that what I thought, until I saw that same day that Sheetz was at that same price also. How long do those teasers last? We are closing on a month and a half and they are still matching the "budget" station prices.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Technically in Maryland it’s illegal to sell gas for less than you’ve paid for it.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Come on oh great wizard you don't REALLY think they are selling at a loss, do you?
Do you remember when Sheetz opened? Kerosiline was .99C a gallon and the rest of the state was at $2.00. It’s called a loss leader and it gets a companies foot in the door and also puts smaller mom and pop stations out of business. So yes, the great wizard does in fact believe that they will take a short term loss for a long term gain.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, today the price went up to $3.49 for regular, same Sheetz again.

Even if they were a few cents more, I would still use them to have a source of gas thats about a mile away from the house.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So, today the price went up to $3.49 for regular, same Sheetz again.

Even if they were a few cents more, I would still use them to have a source of gas thats about a mile away from the house.
And branded. Think seasonal additives. :yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
And branded. Think seasonal additives. :yay:

I never really worried about that. The 350hp, 20psi Neon was at 135K when I sold it off working fine. The 178K 4325hp SRT-8 was working fine when it was sold. Both lived on Sheetez and Wawa 91 or 93 almost exclusively.

phreddyp

Do you remember when Sheetz opened? Kerosiline was .99C a gallon and the rest of the state was at $2.00. It’s called a loss leader and it gets a companies foot in the door and also puts smaller mom and pop stations out of business. So yes, the great wizard does in fact believe that they will take a short term loss for a long term gain.
No I do not remember .99 kerosene at Sheetz, stopped using it about 40 years ago.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
No I do not remember .99 kerosene at Sheetz, stopped using it about 40 years ago.
The point was not so much about the kerosene, but that companies can and will sell products at a loss to get a customer in to buy a higher markup item.