Cop Breathes Life Into Stricken Dog

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tue Jul 16, 9:53 AM ET

WEST BRIDGEWATER, Mass. (Reuters) - A police officer brought a stricken dog back to life by performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on her furry muzzle after she was hit by a car, the officer said on Monday.

Patrolman Thomas Richmond said Cinnamon the pit bull terrier was technically dead and her owner was "hysterical" when he arrived at the scene of the accident last Wednesday.

"She had been hit in the chest area. All four of her legs went out and her heart was not beating. She was dead," the officer told Reuters.

Richmond, who owns a dog himself, immediately started to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on the lifeless pooch, alternately pressing on her chest and breathing into her muzzle.

"It took me seven or eight tries but to my amazement, she opened her eyes and started breathing," he said, adding that he then transported Cinnamon to a local animal hospital.

"She's fine. She has some nerve damage but no broken bones. It's a miracle," he said.

~~~~~~~

Hurrah! A NICE story about the cops for a change! :)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl
A pit bull in the news that didn't bite somebody.... I can't believe it!:clap:

Maybe the title should have said "Dead Pit Bulls Don't Bite"...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by jazz lady

Maybe the title should have said "Dead Pit Bulls Don't Bite"...

Most pit bulls don't bite. Unfortunately they've gotten a bad rep. and are trophies for stupid/irresponsible owners who want them to be agressive.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
:yay: Nice Job!
I saw a fireman giving CPR to a dead kitten on TV once. It started breathing again also.:)

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by pixiegirl

Most pit bulls don't bite. Unfortunately they've gotten a bad rep. and are trophies for stupid/irresponsible owners who want them to be agressive.

I know - sorry, I was just making a lame joke. I have friends who have pit bulls that are the sweetest dogs. I've been attacked by more poodles and such than I have the so-called "aggressive" breeds. Any dog can be mean and aggressive if you treat them bad.

My own dog is a rottweiler mix and is the biggest baby - I call him the Wookie because he sounds just like one when you scratch his belly. But I can't call him anything but a mutt or my insurance company will drop my policy. Go figure!