Cops caught on tape punching handcuffed 16 year old, sheriff and hospital deny any wrongdoing

Chris0nllyn

A lot going on here.

Mom brings 16 yo son to hospital for psych eval.
Security takes the kid down and cuffs him.
Cops show up and kid spits at cop.
Cops clearly punches kid twice.
Sheriff says the officer didn't punch the kid.
Another officer pulls his partner off the kid. While walking away he gets in the face of the mother then his partner has to bring him to the ground again.
Sheriff says that's not what happened.
Hospital says nothing to see here. All is good.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Lincoln Co, where we will still kick your ass like it was 1882... I wonder what else the good sheriff doesn't see....

Spitfire

Greetings:

One good thing about the robot cops of the future. They will not care when you spit in their faces.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The sheriff needs to be fired and the deputy arrested for assault, then fired as well. If I were the kid's parent, I'd get rich off of this, and make the deputy's life miserable.

Chris0nllyn

Spit in my face and I would hit him too.

There is no excuse for spitting in someones face. Cop or not.
I can certainly understand that, and while there's no excuse for spitting, the kid was there for help. Police are no stranger to mentally ill or disturbed individuals.

I think one's reaction to this depends on the police force they want. Trained, respectable, and level-headed officers, or goons that can act as they wish with impunity. Judging by their boss, I'm going with the latter.

I can understand the punching. I can. I don't agree with it, but can at least understand it as it would be my first reactions and cops are only people. What I can't understand is the actions of hospital security that led to this. I can't understand having an officer with what looks to be anger problems. The guy flew off the handle, about beat up the kid's mom, and had to get tackled by his partner. I can't understand a sheriff that clearly is either blind or looks the other way and defends the blue line no matter what. I can't understand the general public wanting these type of people being in any position of power.

black dog

Free America
We will probably find out deputy mr angry beat handcuffed citizens is the sheriffs son.
I wonder why all these guards and Leo's are involved at the hospital for what seems is a young man bothering no one with his mother...
This lawsuit payment should be paid from the guard and mr can't control his angers retirement funds.

black dog

Free America
I can certainly understand that, and while there's no excuse for spitting, the kid was there for help. Police are no stranger to mentally ill or disturbed individuals.

I think one's reaction to this depends on the police force they want. Trained, respectable, and level-headed officers, or goons that can act as they wish with impunity. Judging by their boss, I'm going with the latter.

I can understand the punching. I can. I don't agree with it, but can at least understand it as it would be my first reactions and cops are only people. What I can't understand is the actions of hospital security that led to this. I can't understand having an officer with what looks to be anger problems. The guy flew off the handle, about beat up the kid's mom, and had to get tackled by his partner. I can't understand a sheriff that clearly is either blind or looks the other way and defends the blue line no matter what. I can't understand the general public wanting these type of people being in any position of power.
We are held to a higher standard when someone assaults, shoots, kills and so on a Leo or LE canine.... They need to be accountable and also held to a higher standard.

Chris0nllyn

We are held to a higher standard when someone assaults, shoots, kills and so on a Leo or LE canine.... They need to be accountable and also held to a higher standard.
I agree, but how? There's been a slow creep to what we're seeing today and change will not happen overnight.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The sheriff needs to be fired and the deputy arrested for assault, then fired as well. If I were the kid's parent, I'd get rich off of this, and make the deputy's life miserable.
I dare say that before there is a lynching, there should be an independent investigation.
Sometimes things aren't as the appear on a recording.
Let's not forget, the kid was there for a psych eval and he's 16. Spitting has taken on a new meaning in this age of HIV and other deadly communicable diseases.
I do wonder why LE was called in if the parents took the child to the hospital.
This is why there needs to be an INDEPENDENT investigation.

Will99

On it's face, I don't think there is any defense of the deputies actions. It's hard to understand the entire situation without the full context of the video without sound and seeing what happened prior to the security guards got there, but I also believe the security guards actions were completely wrong and both the deputy and guard should be charged with an assault. I wouldn't have any issue with the deputy re-directing the juveniles head as the sheriff said, but that is not what I saw.