Corned beef and cabbage

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yesterday I had to unfollow a few friends on FB because they kept posting pics of their CB&C....with the corned beef cut THE WRONG WAY.

Cut corned beef is not supposed to look like strings of tire tread. It's supposed to be cut across the grain. That way it's tender and flavorful instead of like gnawing jerky that looks like a dental floss substitute.

Right:

Wrong:

I swear people do these things just to piss me off.

Auntie Biache'

I'm not a big fan of corned beef. I've had it a few times that I really liked it, but some people just don't know how to cook it. I'm one of them.

Last night, I chopped up 2 heads of cabbage, boiled some new potatoes, and threw it all on top of chopped up, fried bacon. It was divine.

inkah

Wow, I LOVE corned beef and am just now learning that I've been cutting it wrong all along. So happy to have run into this thread right at this very moment since I have some in the crockpot right now. My entire life has changed. Thank you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Wow, I LOVE corned beef and am just now learning that I've been cutting it wrong all along. So happy to have run into this thread right at this very moment since I have some in the crockpot right now. My entire life has changed. Thank you.

Hey, where's your awesome avatar? I stole it years ago and have used it numerous times. :jet: