Corned Beef

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I usually use the crock pot, but today I'm going traditional, pot of water on the stove, slow cook.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Vrai makes the best corned beef in the instant pot. Super tender but not all falling apart. I slice it paper thin the load it on some rye bread. Now I want 1 of those.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Picked a corned beef brisket up for Mommy Dearest this morning from McKay's. She checked the ones at Food Lion and they ALL had too much fat. McKay's was a dollar more per pound, but it's a nice piece of meat and has very little waste.

glhs837

Power with Control
Vrai makes the best corned beef in the instant pot. Super tender but not all falling apart. I slice it paper thin the load it on some rye bread. Now I want 1 of those.

I was really surprised last year, first time I tried it. Was amazing.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We picked up a brisket at Costco last week and had it pickling all week long. Smoked it yesterday on our KJ and holy sh#t it was good. Only thing I'd do differently is smoke two at once so we'd have more leftovers for sammies :burp:

homedepot20

Know what goes good with Corn Beef , participating in SOMD Fantasy NASCAR ๐Ÿค”
Miss you , NEVER TOO LATE ๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš˜๐Ÿš˜

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We picked up a brisket at Costco last week and had it pickling all week long. Smoked it yesterday on our KJ and holy sh#t it was good. Only thing I'd do differently is smoke two at once so we'd have more leftovers for sammies :burp:

DID YOU KNOW that smoked corned beef is....pastrami. The butcher at McKay's told me that when I asked him if he thought corned beef would do well in the smoker. I made an enormous one for a party and every single speck got snarfed down.

Good call on doing two next time.
๐Ÿ˜‹

lucky_bee

RBF expert
DID YOU KNOW that smoked corned beef is....pastrami. The butcher at McKay's told me that when I asked him if he thought corned beef would do well in the smoker. I made an enormous one for a party and every single speck got snarfed down.

Good call on doing two next time.
๐Ÿ˜‹
We were just arguing about what was pastrami vs corned beef ๐Ÿ˜‚ figured it was a different spice blend, I knew they were basically the same thing.

Standard brine salt and brown sugar, temperature and time ? Sorry really curious.
It was a salt brine with mustard seeds, allspice berries, peppercorns, and a ton if other spices. I can send you the recipe I followed if you want. We waited too long to order the whole spices on Amazon but I managed to find almost everything at the Latin grocery store on Great Mills Rd.

Pretty sure he threw a homemade general BBQ spice rub on it and did 250 degrees unwrapped for 3 or 4 hours til it reached 165. Then we put it in a pan with a cup of water and beef broth and onions and wrapped the top of that and put it back in for Maybe 1.5 hours? Until it got to 200 degrees. Rested for 45 mins.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Forgot to brag I paired it with some colcannon mashed potatoes, roasted garlic honey carrots, shredded cabbage, and homemade Irish soda bread. The neighbor brought dessert. Even with all that the leftovers are already gone ๐Ÿ˜‚

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Forgot to brag I paired it with some colcannon mashed potatoes, roasted garlic honey carrots, shredded cabbage, and homemade Irish soda bread. The neighbor brought dessert. Even with all that the leftovers are already gone ๐Ÿ˜‚
You had me at colcannon...

luvmygdaughters

I know St. Paddy's Day isn't for a few days yet, but I'm making my corned beef and cabbage today. Mostly because I'm really looking forward to a good reuben tomorrow... ๐Ÿ˜‹
We did the same thing on Sunday, but, put mine in the crock pot with carrots, redskin potatoes and cabbage. Had left over last night!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It was a salt brine with mustard seeds, allspice berries, peppercorns, and a ton if other spices. I can send you the recipe I followed if you want. We waited too long to order the whole spices on Amazon but I managed to find almost everything at the Latin grocery store on Great Mills Rd.

Send to me too, if you would please! I use a real simple brine for my brisket and roasts....salt, brown sugar, soy sauce and some garlic powder and black pepper... I've been wanting to experiment with lots more spices but didn't want to ruin it either..

Did a huge brisket over the weekend and it turned out amazing...