Coronavirus

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is a real question:

How can something be an "epidemic" or "pandemic" when like 100 people worldwide have it?

Not to mention it's just....the flu. Or bronchitis. Why is this all over the news like we're all gonna die?

Reactions: BOP

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
This is a real question:

How can something be an "epidemic" or "pandemic" when like 100 people worldwide have it?

Not to mention it's just....the flu. Or bronchitis. Why is this all over the news like we're all gonna die?
This mornings new report puts it at 2200 in china with a touch over a hundred dead.

I'm not sure why they are in a panic with something that has a 2% mortality rate. This is far from the Spanish Flu.

jrt_ms1995

Scary headlines draw viewers, selling ads.

This 'epidemic' won't be statistically significant, irt Earth's human population, until the deaths number in millions. Which hopefully will not happen.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
This mornings new report puts it at 2200 in china with a touch over a hundred dead.

I'm not sure why they are in a panic with something that has a 2% mortality rate. This is far from the Spanish Flu.
100/2200 = .045 (or 4.5%)

Spitfire

Greetings:

It’s neither an epidemic nor a pandemic, and no one is calling it either.

However, these terms do have actual medical definitions and given the pathogen is in North America, this would be a pandemic if not controlled.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
This is a real question:

The AIDS of 2020. Much like H1N1 was a couple years ago.

Spitfire

Are you kidding me? It's all over the news and in FACT that's what they are calling it.

And now your ignorance has gotten on my last nerve and on iggy you go.

Greetings:

Touchy.

I have no idea what sort of news you’re consuming, but I’ve not heard it called either one of those terms. Not once.

Maybe try some different news sources?

Toxick

Splat
On the plus side, the planet probably needs a good herd thinning.

I agree.

Incidentally, I always thought the movie Endgame was unnecessary, since Thanos already saved the universe in Infinity War.

Spitfire

That's the same tard that wanted a link for the $1B to Ukraine comment I made in another thread. :dork: It's only been all over the news, duh.

Greetings:

Can you quote where anyone asked you for a link in that thread?

No one asked you for a link.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Coronavirus outbreak: Major US cities report surgical mask shortages

Some pharmacies across the United States have reportedly sold out of surgical-style masks in the midst of the coronavirus outbreak that has crippled China and is spreading to several other countries.

According to the BBC, the masks began selling out in Seattle, where the first case of coronavirus was reported in the U.S. The outlet said other cities like New York, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles have had similar reports.

"I immediately ordered a box of masks online after I heard of the first U.S. case," said Tina Liu, a Chinese student at the University of Washington, not far from Seattle.