Cory Booker - Rules Don't Apply to ME

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Booker on Wednesday had asked Kavanaugh about a 2002 document in which, Booker claimed, the then-aide to President George W. Bush considered using racial profiling as a tool to battle terrorism after the terrorist attacks of September 11.

Kavanaugh, for his part, asked to review the email, but Booker tried to move on. Sen. Mike Lee, Utah Republican, though, said that the referenced email had been deemed "confidential" by the committee, which means it cannot be released or used to question a nominee.

In full grandstanding mode, Booker on Thursday said, “I come from a long line as all of us do as Americans of understanding what that kind of civil disobedience is and I understand the consequences,” he said. “I understand that the penalty comes with potential ousting from the Senate. If Senator [John] Cornyn believes that I have violated Senate rules, I openly invite and accept the consequences of my team releasing that email.”

GRANDSTANDING: Sen. Cory Booker Vows To Violate Senate Rules By Releasing 'Confidential' Kavanaugh Document

Manny

Nope. Nobody cares about Booker's grandstanding.

Including Jeff Sessions, who is apparently uninterested in crimes committed by the party of slavery, segregation and Jim Crow. I truly believe the AG is being blackmailed over something.

This_person

Booker on Thursday said, “I understand that the penalty comes with potential ousting from the Senate. If Senator [John] Cornyn believes that I have violated Senate rules, I openly invite and accept the consequences of my team releasing that email.”

:shrug:

Ball's in your court, Sen. Cornyn and/or Lee. I strongly urge you to follow the rules. Sen. Booker has stated clearly this was not an accident, but an intentional and with malice aforethought violation of the rules. Time to find a new Senator from NJ.

Now, if we repealed the 17th amendment, the VAST majority of all this kind of grandstanding and waste of time is likely to disappear.

This_person

Uh oh. Is this going to be the new Hillary email “scandal” for RWNJ’s?

No, Mrs. Bill Clinton allowed (or assisted?) access to her uncontrolled server while handling information that, if released (and it was, to China at least) " would cause exceptionally grave damage to national security."

That's a LOT worse than what Booker just admitted to doing, while challenging anyone to actually hold him accountable (two things Clinton never came close to doing, even though her admitting to her own gross negligence was no longer necessary since it had been researched and established as a fact, no longer needing discussion).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
FAIL: Cory Booker's 'Damning' Documents Show Kavanaugh OPPOSED Racial Profiling, Racial Bias

But Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) approved some of those confidential documents for release, and other documents leaked to The New York Times — and, strangely, they aren't damning at all, unless Sen. Cory Booker considers opposing racial profiling in the wake of a major terrorist attack a "controversial" position.

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/lawrencehurley/status/1037706801494585344[/TWITTER]

"The people who favor some use of race/natl origin (sic) obviously do not need to grapple with the "interim" question," Kavanaugh writes, referring to terrorism interdiction methods taking place in the wake of the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks. "But the people (such as you and I), who generally favor effective security measures that are race-neutral in fact DO need to grapple -- and grapple now -- with the interim question of what to do before a truly effective and comprehensive race-neutral system is developed and implemented."

:killingme

Booker Fails Spectacularly

From what I gather... this is one of the verbal smoking guns... In one of the emails, Kavanaugh questioned Department of Transportation (DOT) affirmative action regulations."The fundamental problem in this case is that these DOT regulations use a lot of legalisms and disguises to mask what in reality is a naked racial set-aside," Kavanaugh writes in one of the emails from 2001.

He adds that he believes four Republican justices will "realize as much in short order and rule accordingly."

Was he wrong...:confused:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/405345-booker-releases-confidential-kavanaugh-documents

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Booker, a 2020 presidential hopeful, then released the emails, saying, "This is about the closest I'll probably ever have in my life to an, 'I am Spartacus' moment."

But, as it turns out, there is a major problem with Booker's theatrics: Booker is a liar.

"We cleared the documents last night shortly after Senator Booker’s staff asked us to," said Bill Burck, who is the George W. Bush records representative that led the review of Kavanaugh’s records. "We were surprised to learn about Senator Booker’s histrionics this morning because we had already told him he could use the documents publicly. In fact, we have said yes to every request made by the Senate Democrats to make public documents public."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35546/total-fraud-booker-claimed-defy-rules-releasing-ryan-saavedra

This_person

Was this a set-up?

Committee: You can't talk about this one that talks about race.
Booker: RACE RACE RACIST RACEY RACE RACE!!!! :jameo: (and, you can't tell me I'm wrong because no one can see the document)
Committee: Release the document.

Boom!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Delusions of grandeur.... a common characteristic of Americus Democratus.

Why does Booker consider this to be some sort of "gotcha"... :confused: This is the 2nd 'example' put out in an article on the subject that in no way puts Kavanaugh in a "gotcha" moment.

In a 2002 email, Kavanaugh, who was working as a lawyer in the Bush White House, said he “generally” favored race-neutral security measures, but said they need to “grapple” with the “interim question of what to do before a truly effective and comprehensive race-neutral system is developed and implemented.”

Kavanaugh wrote that the “interim question” is of “critical importance to the security of the airlines and American people in the next 6 months or so, especially given Al Qaeda’s track record of timing between terrorist incidents.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...red-despite-dramatic-claim-defying-rules.html

stgislander

PREMO Member
FAIL: Cory Booker's 'Damning' Documents Show Kavanaugh OPPOSED Racial Profiling, Racial Bias

But Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) approved some of those confidential documents for release, and other documents leaked to The New York Times — and, strangely, they aren't damning at all, unless Sen. Cory Booker considers opposing racial profiling in the wake of a major terrorist attack a "controversial" position.

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/lawrencehurley/status/1037706801494585344[/TWITTER]

"The people who favor some use of race/natl origin (sic) obviously do not need to grapple with the "interim" question," Kavanaugh writes, referring to terrorism interdiction methods taking place in the wake of the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks. "But the people (such as you and I), who generally favor effective security measures that are race-neutral in fact DO need to grapple -- and grapple now -- with the interim question of what to do before a truly effective and comprehensive race-neutral system is developed and implemented."

:killingme

He'll make a wonderful 2020 Dem Presidential candidate.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Booker will do whatever Chuck Schumer tells him to do. He can't jump high enough or kiss his butt enough. :yay: