Cory Booker Says The Earth ‘Can’t Sustain’ People Eating Meat.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On Tuesday, Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) had a pointed response to Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ), who is a vegetarian and was quoted saying that the earth “can’t sustain” people eating meat. Cheney tweeted, “Hey @CoryBooker I support PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals. @BeefUSA#WyomingBeefCountry.”

As The Daily Wire reported, Booker had spoken to VegNews about his belief that ”industrially produced animal agriculture” was having a deleterious environmental impact on the earth. VegNews reported:
While claiming he does not want to lecture Americans on their diets, Booker says Americans need to be nudged into fake cheese because the planet cannot sustain the "environmental impact" of the food industry. "You see the planet earth moving towards what is the Standard American Diet," Booker said. "We've seen this massive increase in consumption of meat produced by the industrial animal agriculture industry."

"The tragic reality is this planet simply can't sustain billions of people consuming industrially produced animal agriculture because of environmental impact," he said. "It's just not possible." Booker says the "devastating impact" of greenhouse gases produced by the meat industry is "just not practical."

"The numbers just don't add up," he said. "We will destroy our planet unless we start figuring out a better way forward when it comes to our climate change and our environment."

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Without meat half of the world's population would starve to death, than take away GMO, and another 50% will be gone as well. I guess his point being, to save the planet, we all must die!

Without meat half of the world's population would starve to death, than take away GMO, and another 50% will be gone as well. I guess his point being, to save the planet, we all must die!
I don't have a problem with that, as long as the half that starve are Dems.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While claiming he does not want to lecture Americans on their diets, Booker then proceeds to lecture Americans on their diets.

People have been eating meat since people were invented. Does Cory Booker say when this is going to destroy the Earth? Because it's been 200,000 years now.

SamSpade

In at least one respect - I understand his concern, at least when it comes to beef. Raising cattle takes a lot of land, and we dedicate an overwhelming amount of land to grow FEED for cows, chickens, pigs and so on. In parts of the world, they're destroying whole ecosystems so they can have land for cattle to graze, and have land to grow feed for them.

I'm still going to eat meat - there's always going to be a need for it in our digestive system, and at some point in the future, people will figure out how to raise cattle without using lots of land. Sooner or later, we'll be growing meat without benefit of four-legged creatures.

I didn't read his material - I suspect this is with respect to cattle methane, affecting the atmosphere. In fact, the methane is coming from belches, and not farts.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Pretty sure Booker eats meat, the kind that is still attached.

Naw, that cannot be. Didn't you hear the announcement that he admits he has a girlfriend? It's right there in the video above Liz Cheney's Tweet. That has to counter the problem that he talks like a queer, espouses queer culture, and believes he's Spartacus.

Hijinx

Naw, that cannot be. Didn't you hear the announcement that he admits he has a girlfriend? It's right there in the video above Liz Cheney's Tweet. That has to counter the problem that he talks like a queer, espouses queer culture, and believes he's Spartacus.
Obama has a beard too.