Country Family Reunion

BOP

There are some collections of songs from the late '90s called Country Family Reunion that you can google, and find on youtube as well. Now, I'll confess that I haven't always been a country or a western fan. I believe it was listening to the more fringe, or "outlaw" country that swayed me. People like Waylon and Willie, David Allen Coe, and a host of others that weren't exactly mainstream. As I get older, I find that I enjoy the really classic stuff that goes back to the roots of country. Here's one that probably isn't on the tips of most country fans' tongues, especially with the younger crowd. He is well regarded in country circles, and one of the better voices: Gene Watson

limblips

PREMO Member
There are some collections of songs from the late '90s called Country Family Reunion that you can google, and find on youtube as well. Now, I'll confess that I haven't always been a country or a western fan. I believe it was listening to the more fringe, or "outlaw" country that swayed me. People like Waylon and Willie, David Allen Coe, and a host of others that weren't exactly mainstream. As I get older, I find that I enjoy the really classic stuff that goes back to the roots of country. Here's one that probably isn't on the tips of most country fans' tongues, especially with the younger crowd. He is well regarded in country circles, and one of the better voices: Gene Watson

XM 56 is classic country. It is what I usually listen to. Also Country Family Reunion is on RFD-TV weekly. For a great non-main stream song, youtube "There's a song on the jukebox".

E

EmptyTimCup

I believe it was listening to the more fringe, or "outlaw" country that swayed me. People like Waylon and Willie, David Allen Coe, and a host of others that weren't exactly mainstream. As I get older, I find that I enjoy the really classic stuff that goes back to the roots of country.

there was a time this is all that played in the house (mid to late 70's)

today's Country sounds like the pop music playing on Q 107.3 and holds no interest for me

maybe a few Toby Keith songs (I like his politics and attitude - screw the Dixie Chicks), Montgomery Gentry, Trace Adkins .........