Country Music

NextJen

Raisin cane
Thanks for starting this tread, BOP. I've enjoyed seeing and listening to what others have posted and had fun looking up some of my old favorites too.

Merry Christmas to you and your family! :buddies:

BOP

Lot of you probably remember the Andy Griffith show and the musical family, the Darlings. In real life, they are Denver Pyle as the jug-playing patriarch, Maggie Peterson as his daughter Charlene, and the Dillards as his sons.

As there was usually singing going on, this is a fairly rare instrumental on the show.

Doug's Tune

Ebo Walker - gotta love Barney getting into the jug!

"There is a Time," featuring Charlene singing. "I belive that's the purtiest thing I ever heard!" You said it, Sheriff!

Same song, with the Dillards in concert, with a guest appearance by Maggie Peterson, probably 40 years after the show.

BOP

This is a duet from the Andy Griffith show, with Andy and his girlfriend at the time, Peggy, played by Joanna Moore. If you read up on her, it's a crying shame that she lived such a tragic life. She really was beautiful and talented. If you can't quite place her, she was Ryan O'Neal's real life wife, and mother to Tatum and her brother Griffin O'Neal.

This is a duet from the Andy Griffith show, with Andy and his girlfriend at the time, Peggy, played by Joanna Moore. If you read up on her, it's a crying shame that she lived such a tragic life. She really was beautiful and talented. If you can't quite place her, she was Ryan O'Neal's real life wife, and mother to Tatum and her brother Griffin O'Neal.

Tatum looks so very much like her!

BOP

This is a fun one from Junior Brown and Bill Kirchen, who was one of the original Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen.

With the Beach Boys doing their "409."

BOP

Something a little different from Cajun country, an amazing performer by the name of Yvette Landry. If she looks and sounds familiar, she plays bass in the band Bon Soir Catin. She also played/plays with the Laffayette Rhythm Devils, and the Cajun Roosters.

If you want to feel like a slacker, look up her bio on the interwebz.

A couple of links to get you started:

Yvette Landry

About Yvette « Yvette Landry

"Friday Night Special"

BOP

The Cajun Roosters featuring Yvette Landry, singing "Crawfish Waltz," in french, while wearing an AC/DC shirt! Gotta love it! :lol:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

I had missed this post. I'm glad that I came back to these threads to look again. Loving trivia as I do this sent me on a great journey. I love a good read and learning things I didn't know. While I remember 'Peggy' very clearly, I had no idea of the connection to the O'Neals. Well, I'm back from my trip. Learned a lot and while I do feel a sadness, I also feel more knowledgeable. Connections in Hollywood are a Trivia treasure chest.

:coffee: