County trivia

Radiant1

Soul Probe
News Flash. Nite Life was located where the new lexington park post office is. Then it moved down to great mills road beside the liquor store across from Mckay's (now Cadillac Jacks) which would be the second Nite Life because of the second location. Maybe I should have said "original" Nite Life.

So, the original Nite Life WAS located where we said it was.

:yeahthat: I used to work at the Pub LaCasa. Nite Life was located in the back of the restaurant.

News Flash. Nite Life was located where the new lexington park post office is. Then it moved down to great mills road beside the liquor store across from Mckay's (now Cadillac Jacks) which would be the second Nite Life because of the second location. Maybe I should have said "original" Nite Life.

So, the original Nite Life WAS located where we said it was.

Yeah, I remember partying there. :buddies:

Animal

I eat red meat
It was some place else before where it sits now? That must have been before my time! I've only known it to be right where it is now.
St. Clement's Shores, on Lady Baltimore Ave. between Nomoni and Wicomico, there was a baseball field across the road from it. And yeah, it was probably before your time.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Compton Store? Or was it called Schallers? I can't remember!! That was a very long time ago.

Nope, it was Don's Superette.

Where was the first Pennies' Bar?

I was told by a born and raised Comptoniate that it was called both....depends on who you were and how well you knew the owner

What was the Hole in the Wall before it was a bar?

I was always told that it was "Flugs"....and it was always a bar

and the story behind the name change was that the owner of (now) Hole in the Wall and the owner of Toot's didn't like each other(I think I heard about one hitting on and/or making nasty remarks to the others wife) and the owner of Toot's came down, got into a fight, and put the owner of "Flugs" head throw the wall

Don't quote me on this as it came from a couple of old St Mary's county drunks and they were drunk at the time

Last edited:

Animal

I eat red meat
I was told by a born and raised Comptoniate that it was called both....depends on who you were and how well you knew the owner
I knew the owner rather well, at one time my Mom even worked there and the name was what was on the sign outside and that was Don's Superette.

Jameo

What?!
:shrug: It's been a bar as long as I've known about it.

I was always told that it was "Flugs"....and it was always a bar

and the story behind the name change was that the owner of (now) Hole in the Wall and the owner of Toot's didn't like each other(I think I heard about one hitting on and/or making nasty remarks to the others wife) and the owner of Toot's came down, got into a fight, and put the owner of "Flugs" head throw the wall

Don't quote me on this as it came from a couple of old St Mary's county drunks and they were drunk at the time

It was Hollywood Movie Theater.

http://forums.somd.com/life-southern-maryland/51327-hole-wall-tavern.html