Coup in Venezuela?

stgislander

PREMO Member

BernieP

Resident PIA
depends on if it's successful?
I was going to say it depends on your point of view.
The current head of state consideres it a coup.
The legislative branch / opposition party believes he stoled the election (which is what outside observers seem to agree on). They probobly would call it a revolution.

All I can say is standby for Russia and Cuba to step in. Neighboring countries are not happy,, will be even more unhappy if Russia or Cuba expand their presence in the country.

News just showed video of military vehicles driving straight into the protestors and running them down. They say no deaths yet from that.

black dog

Free America
I was going to say it depends on your point of view.
The current head of state consideres it a coup.
The legislative branch / opposition party believes he stoled the election (which is what outside observers seem to agree on). They probobly would call it a revolution.

All I can say is standby for Russia and Cuba to step in. Neighboring countries are not happy,, will be even more unhappy if Russia or Cuba expand their presence in the country.
I'm quite sure we have a few planeloads of Airborne girls and Marsoc Raiders sitting in ready rooms.

Hijinx

Maduro is a total failure, He has led his people into starvation and ruin, their money is worth nothing.
How much does it take for a man to see his failure and step down.
Why does he want to stay? There isn't a prayer of his turning things around.

gemma_rae

TCROW

Maduro is a total failure, He has led his people into starvation and ruin, their money is worth nothing.
How much does it take for a man to see his failure and step down.
Why does he want to stay? There isn't a prayer of his turning things around.

As long as he’s able to peel money from the nationally-owned oil and natural gas company to keep him in riches and his military officers loyal to him, there is zero reason to step down.