Couples shooting - COOL

Sparx

Went to get my wife some range time for her birthday and found out that Maryland Small Arms Range has couples night on Wednesday nights! 1/2 price range fee. I hope she likes the sport...

PrepH4U

Went to get my wife some range time for her birthday and found out that Maryland Small Arms Range has couples night on Wednesday nights! 1/2 price range fee. I hope she likes the sport...

Some how this does not sound right :whistle:

qbee

Where is this range? Sounds fun!

Pushrod

Patriot
If she hasn't shot a handgun before, start her out with something like the Sig Sauer Mosquito .22LR, a very easy handling gun and it wont scare her away from the sport by having too sharp of a kick or loud of a report. Enjoy!

somdshootnet

I went through the same thing with my wife. Took her shooting one day, now she's been through the handgun course and the hunters safety course and now she owns a Taurus .357 Mag. So start saving your brass so you can sell it to buy her a new gun, and if she's anything like my wife, she won't no sissy-girly gun either. My wife shot my 17HMR revolver I use for tree rats and after that comment I decided immediately she wasn't going to be happy with a little BB gun like a .22 so we had to kick it up a few notches, women desire power, so, give her power, 9mm or .38 is a great choice. I wish I had of opted for the 9mm revolver instead of the .357, the ammo is so much cheaper and more readily available.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
o0o0o0o0o0o that sounds like fun! My boyfriend has a S&W 1911 .45 (amoung other random weapons in his arsenal). That thing is LOUD but Im an OK shot with it.

Dang... too bad he works nights :boo:

somdshootnet

o0o0o0o0o0o that sounds like fun! My boyfriend has a S&W 1911 .45 (amoung other random weapons in his arsenal). That thing is LOUD but Im an OK shot with it.

What does him working nights have to do with anything ? Just curious. You're a big girl, take the gun to the range while he's sleeping. My wife would, heck, it's her gun registered in her name, but, that means nothing, you can take any gun to the range. I can only say that if you're not confident enough with it to go it alone to the range, then boyfriend has some training time to tend to.

Sparx

I went through the same thing with my wife. Took her shooting one day, now she's been through the handgun course and the hunters safety course and now she owns a Taurus .357 Mag. So start saving your brass so you can sell it to buy her a new gun, and if she's anything like my wife, she won't no sissy-girly gun either. My wife shot my 17HMR revolver I use for tree rats and after that comment I decided immediately she wasn't going to be happy with a little BB gun like a .22 so we had to kick it up a few notches, women desire power, so, give her power, 9mm or .38 is a great choice. I wish I had of opted for the 9mm revolver instead of the .357, the ammo is so much cheaper and more readily available.

I agree, she has a new S&W .38 special her dad bought her for Christmas. I'm taking advantage of that to go rent and shoot several other guns I've been looking at for some time. So I hope she gets hooked on it as well. Dad needs new firepower!

Sparx

Well, I smell a threesome...lol.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
What does him working nights have to do with anything ? Just curious. You're a big girl, take the gun to the range while he's sleeping. My wife would, heck, it's her gun registered in her name, but, that means nothing, you can take any gun to the range. I can only say that if you're not confident enough with it to go it alone to the range, then boyfriend has some training time to tend to.

Well honestly I dont think he'd let me leave the house with it without him being there to make sure I dont hurt it LOL. :lmao: jk!!! He knows I can handle it.

Actually, to be honest I dont enjoy shooting it enough to go by myself. It would be fun for him and I to go together, but I think I'd get bored going by myself. Plus I just bought a new horse... If Im gonna go do something by myself on a Wednesday night, I'd be at the barn :howdy: