Cove Point

HotPinkChicken

I'm sure it's been discussed here before, but can someone PLEASE specifically tell me what is going on on the west side of Cove Point Road??

OrneryPest

lower life form
Dominion Gas-Pains is building a huge facility to waste a lot of real estate and suck up the profits from a lot of public services the rest of us are paying taxes for.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Dominion is adding the liquefaction equipment necessary to turn around the direction of LNG through their existing terminal facilities and pipeline so they can export it instead of importing it.:yay:

I'm sure it's been discussed here before, but can someone PLEASE specifically tell me what is going on on the west side of Cove Point Road??

What I've been told by friends that live in the Ranch Club: They're building a parking lot for employees working on the gas plant export project. They park there and then get bused to the plant.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What I've been told by friends that live in the Ranch Club: They're building a parking lot for employees working on the gas plant export project. They park there and then get bused to the plant.

Another temporary project?...like the handling area at the foot of the bridge? It's going to be interesting to see what the handling area is turned in to after the project is over. Back to just a field?...a permanent parking area?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Another temporary project?...like the handling area at the foot of the bridge? It's going to be interesting to see what the handling area is turned in to after the project is over. Back to just a field?...a permanent parking area?

Cruise ship terminal. :coffee:

BernieP

Resident PIA

I thought that's what it was for CMM events :)

Beta

Smile!
Can someone explain why that project not only requires a stoplight, but a stoplight that is active late into the evening? I drive by there at 9, 10pm sometimes, and I'm stuck waiting at the light, trying to make a left turn. Used to be easy. Now you have to wait a couple minutes. How stupid is that? Why doesn't this area believe in blinking lights after a certain hour?

Can someone explain why that project not only requires a stoplight, but a stoplight that is active late into the evening? I drive by there at 9, 10pm sometimes, and I'm stuck waiting at the light, trying to make a left turn. Used to be easy. Now you have to wait a couple minutes. How stupid is that? Why doesn't this area believe in blinking lights after a certain hour?
It may have something to do with that fact that some nights they are required to work around the clock. Switching back and forth from sometimes blinking to sometimes active full cycle would most likely lead to accidents.

Amused_despair

They built the parking lot and are still parking in every available spot in the Food Lion shopping plaza anyways, making it hard for actual shoppers to find spots to park to use the establishments there. I noticed KFC had to put up "You No Park here Unless You Eating Chicken..or Tacos, Or We Tow You" signs

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
hear there is also a preassembly area for the plant, they also took down all the cross over utility lines down cove point road, so high stuff can get to plant. SMECO brought high power lines in to west side of 4 for doing whatever they'll do.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
They built the parking lot and are still parking in every available spot in the Food Lion shopping plaza anyways, making it hard for actual shoppers to find spots to park to use the establishments there. I noticed KFC had to put up "You No Park here Unless You Eating Chicken..or Tacos, Or We Tow You" signs

That's a PITA, I'm sure.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!

yup, pisses me off. asked the meat guy and he said they have basically rented the parking lot, so they can fill it up with their cars. Hope whoever owns the strip mall is giving stores a break on rent, cause i can see people just going up to lusby foodlion. If Pepper chimes in she'll probably know.

Last edited:

GregV814

If I may....

I dont have any significant retorts but the newest pompous azz LightRoasted seems to say this alot....do I sound cool and smart and junk????

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

I would think that not being able to buy groceries at Food Lion because you can't find parking a good thing.

softtouch

They are in a store front adjacent to Subway. Looked like it was set-up as a classroom when I walked by yesterday.

HotPinkChicken

I know that company's office is in that shopping center. Keiwet or something.

frequentflier

happy to be living
yup, pisses me off. asked the meat guy and he said they have basically rented the parking lot, so they can fill it up with their cars. Hope whoever owns the strip mall is giving stores a break on rent, cause i can see people just going up to lusby foodlion. If Pepper chimes in she'll probably know.

For the record, I have always supported the expansion and do not have a problem with Dominion.

But the Kiewit contractor has really hosed up the parking and between them and the landlord, they have thrown all of us businesses under the wheels of the Kiewit bus! I am supposed to have the 6 slots behind my store but on a lot of training days, three to four of those spaces are taken from 8AM to 6PM; leaving me only a couple slots. Since the signs KFC put up are being ignored and the whole area between me and them are taken, their customers often use the spaces available against my building. I do not have a problem with that, per se, however I am tired of complaining and being told it will get resolved and it continues to get worse every week!

I have also complained that people leave their cars in the parking lot all day long; they jump on the shuttle in the AM and jump off the bus in the PM and go to their cars. It would be different if they actually had business in the offices. I have dubbed the lot "Solomons Towne Center Park and Ride".

The last time I complained to the landlord, we got a notice that all the *merchants* employees MUST park behind Food Lion. As it is, my employees have been parking in the drive thru area behind CVS (with permission from CVS) but lately, Kieiwit employees have now started parking there!

It has cost me some business and I have talked to many other businesses that are feeling the loss as well. People will not come if there is a hassle parking. I have told my customers to park in the fire lane. And that we will still carry their purchases to their car - even if it is front of CVS!

Oh and no break in rent...After Kieiwit is gone, many of us will be left picking up the pieces of what is left of our businesses!