COVID-19 case confirmed on base 3/23

Goldenhawk

Just heard that a COVID-19 case was confirmed positive (by testing). The individual is apparently a member of one of the large test teams on base.

I'd first heard about the potential case over a week ago - it took them quite some time to get results apparently.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Depending on how you look at it, most of the test teams are large. Hornets been around a while, but always has new stuff coming in, so that team is large, Helos, taken as a whole, large team. P-8 and JSF, new platforms, and so large teams. I think TRiton might be smaller than any of those.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Just heard that a COVID-19 case was confirmed positive (by testing). The individual is apparently a member of one of the large test teams on base.

I'd first heard about the potential case over a week ago - it took them quite some time to get results apparently.
Can you please tell us where you heard this?

Goldenhawk

Can you please tell us where you heard this?
I'd rather not. I'm sure things will be well-publicized soon and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. By the way, the BayNet just posted an article I'd bet is related.

I'd rather not. I'm sure things will be well-publicized soon and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. By the way, the BayNet just posted an article I'd bet is related.
Nothing about this article relates.

Goldenhawk

Related to the BayNet article... a family member stops at that Weis regularly on Tues/Thurs at nearly those times, and probably missed contact by a few minutes. So yeah, folks, physical distancing is a real thing.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

My wife works in an office in the same building (is on the Triton flight test team), has been telecommuting since the middle of last week.
Was told late this afternoon to not report to work until informed that the building has been professionally sanitized.

She has not been contacted as someone who may have had contact with the person.