COVID has city dwellers going camping for the first time

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When you trade in your cell service for a night view of the stars.

As the pandemic presses on, city dwellers are turning to camping as a safe, socially distant alternative to typical travel, with online booking tools Campspot, Tentrr and Hipcamp all reporting upticks in usage. But newbies are quickly discovering there’s a lot more to sleeping outside than s’mores and sing-alongs.

“They’re amazed by the amount of bugs that they see and the variety, and how big they can get,” said Rafael Lopez, who runs the NYC Hiking and Backpacking Group on Facebook.
His group’s membership has been increasing steadily, at about 15 people a day. But the reports from newcomers aren’t always positive: “The lack of bathrooms is what scares people,” said Lopez. “And when you do have a bathroom, it’s the surprise of how dirty they are.”

is that a bear

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The correct term is citidiots.
I hope not too. I suspect there will be more low brow and rednecks. State park, so no alcohol allowed, but that doesn't stop them.
Pre Vrai, I spent a lot of time in state park campgrounds. There is a huge difference, sorry to say, in the behavior of campground folks when compared to state park campers.