COVID Testing

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm glad you're on the mend. Congestion, fatigue, lightheadedness, dizziness, shortness of breath lasted for about 6 weeks for me. I was on 3 antibiotics to prevent secondary things popping up, and it was clear that they didn't do squat for the congestion or anything else for that matter. All virus related. I lost taste and smell 100%. Zero taste and smell for 3 weeks or so. That was a weird experience, I've never had that happen before.

Thanks! Yes, the loss of taste and smell is very weird but mine is returning already. (I hope it keeps it up!)

Wow - 6 wks - are you otherwise healthy and active? I have excellent cardio/stamina and lung capacity, *oridinarily.

If the weather is nice, and I still have no fever, I am going to test my stamina this weekend. I can walk my normal 5K route and see how long I can actually last.

Bann

PREMO Member
Also- addendum to the above: I talked to my doctor today and said I'd telework tomorrow, but have been fever free for 24 hours. She said I am okay to NOT quarantine, as it's been 14 days tomorrow (since 3/5-the first day of fever) AND I'm fever free AND all the other symptoms are improving, so I can get on with my bad self.

The fatigue is still there, though. So while I'm ok to go - I don't feel overly energetic past dinner time. I'm sure that will improve as days go on.

General Lee

are you otherwise healthy and active? I have excellent cardio/stamina and lung capacity, *oridinarily.

I am. That is the kicker with this thing, you just don't know how it will effect one person to the next. I've seen people just have the sniffles from it, some it kicks the *hit out of or worse.

Bann

PREMO Member
Update Status Post 'Rona:

So, my doctor said quarantine was done 3/19. I was already feeling better, but mostly was a little tired by night time. (I get up at 5:30 am, and I also worked 8 hours everyday from home) I did take it easy over the weekend - just laundry and went to the grocery store on Sat. I have3 sets of stairs in my townhouse - I can't get in or go out of my house without using the stairs. So...that's good respiratory / cardio therapy right there. :yay:

Since I slept in late on Saturday, (8am) a friend and I decided to go watch a local band over the weekend - which we did. Didn't go crazy. Danced a little. Had only 1 drink and I couldn't really taste it anyway. :lol:

Sunday, I was really low key, nothing strenuous - did some more laundry. Made a casserole dinner. I also tried my walking again. I walked 2 miles. (My normal is 3, but I wasn't going to push it) I wasn't exhausted, but I was able to take a nap. I wanted to stay up and watch American Idol until 10pm. :jet:

Monday, I worked back at the office all day. I walked after work again - 2 miles. I didn't nap and I still stayed up to watch AI until 10. I made it to 10:30.

<My sense of taste and smell are returning, but they're still affected) Congestion is really low, but hanging around - not really even causing me to cough, though. All in all - I'd say that cardio health is really important for any reason - but for this respiratory illness - it's really important. :yay: