COVID vaccine

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So the grand poobah of the "Free State" has released the guidelines of the COVID vaccine administration and the distribution does go along somewhat logical lines. The questions that need/should be asked are quite numerous and I do not think that are many people that can answer any of them definitively.

If you have "recovered" :rolleyes: from the killer Wuhan Virus and have antibodies present, do you get a space in the line for those that have not tested positive?
Will antibody tests be administered to people PRIOR to people getting their injections?
Can your employer terminate you if you refuse to take said vaccine? HIPAA?
Has there been any testing of the vaccine(s) on people that were recorded to have tested positive?

:snacks:

TPD

the poor dad
Can your employer terminate you if you refuse to take said vaccine? HIPAA?

In regards to this question - I talked to a friend in the medical field yesterday. He said currently his employer (a hospital) cannot mandate the vaccine because it is still considered "experimental". Not sure if this is union language or employer handbook language but this could be an out for those employees concerned about mandatory vaccination.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I found this PDF from West VA that poses a lot of current questions, but still has no definitive answers.

Can I take the vaccine if I have already had COVID-19 and recovered? How long after can I take it? It is currently unknown how long natural immunity lasts after recovering from COVID-19. Early studies show that it is not long lasting, and cases of reinfection have been reported. The Pfizer trial did include individuals who previously had COVID-19 and recovered but data from that group is still pending. The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) will be making recommendations on which individuals should be vaccinated.

Can I take the vaccine if I have had convalescent plasma or monoclonal antibody? The degree of immunity attained from receiving convalescent plasma or monoclonal antibodies is currently unknown. More studies are needed to understand this. ACIP will be making recommendations on which individuals should be vaccinated.

If you have had the virus do you still need the vaccine?
Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection is possible, people may be advised to get a vaccine even if they have been sick with COVID-19 before.

Attachments

• COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ.pdf
    249.9 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Meanwhile...I just saw a story today (forget where) that Pfizer is saying that their initial stocks of the vaccine were wiped out by orders from other countries and stocks for US vaccinations won't be renewed until June or July next year.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Jabs. :lol: I'm envisioning a scene from Monty Python that instead of "Bring out your dead", they are calling "Come get your jabs".

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
This just made me realize something.... the thought is to inoculate the elderly first (along with front line, etc...). This is a part of the population that is probably most susceptible to things going wrong. They are more likely to have compromised immune systems or other health issues that might trigger a bad response from the shot that younger people might not. So are we 'protecting' them from Covid or using them as guinea pigs and handing them a potential death sentence?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
This just made me realize something.... the thought is to inoculate the elderly first (along with front line, etc...). This is a part of the population that is probably most susceptible to things going wrong. They are more likely to have compromised immune systems or other health issues that might trigger a bad response from the shot that younger people might not. So are we 'protecting' them from Covid or using them as guinea pigs and handing them a potential death sentence?
Part of the plan to fix social security.

Tech

Saw another video from England on the virus and it made me research the vaccine.

Apparently the vaccine is a genetically altered simian cold virus that will trigger the defense for a genetically altered bat cold virus.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Saw another video from England on the virus and it made me research the vaccine.

Apparently the vaccine is a genetically altered simian cold virus that will trigger the defense for a genetically altered bat cold virus.
Batman beware.....

PeoplesElbow

When I was a kid I got a booster shot and had a reaction to it. I had to have a green knot of "snot" cut out of my arm. One doctor said I should have never had that shot, not sure what he meant, I was 12 or so. I wonder if this was an alergic reaction or what.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I stumbled onto an article on FBN about testing children with the vaccine and how it, so far, had largely been omitted. The paragraph that jumped out at me was:
The omission of children in U.S. vaccine trials so far worries public-health experts, who say they don't know whether the vaccines are safe for children or need changes to dosage levels. While children are less likely than adults to fall gravely ill or die because of Covid-19, researchers say, vaccinating them will help prevent the spread of the virus and achieve herd immunity.

I wonder how the teacher's unions are going to push back on this?