COVID vaccine

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I got word overnight that I will be getting the vaccine shortly (maybe next week or week after that) because I work for a law enforcement agency. I hope I don't chicken out because I'm not that inclined to get it willingly. I think it's going to be more of a "You have the option to opt out but you won't be able to come to work." type of deal.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Wanna bet they treat you like a leper in spite of being tested negative and anything they may have said about masks and injections prior?
That is fine with me. The more people leave me alone, the happier I am. I have hundreds of hours of leave that I can use if they say I can't come to work. Since I am the only one who knows how to do my job correctly, it will be screwing them, not me.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My 88-yo mother got her first COVID shot last Tuesday. She's living with sis-in-law in WV and WV is reportedly one of the better managed states when it comes to vaccine distribution so far.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm on the fence about getting the vaccine too, primarily because of side effects and pre-existing conditions. There's not a lot of data yet on side effects vs vaccine manufacturer. I was hoping there would be more info by the time I was eligible.

What I wanted to do was donate blood and get the antibody test, but the appointments for anything local are filled for the next 2 months.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
My 88-yo mother got her first COVID shot last Tuesday. She's living with sis-in-law in WV and WV is reportedly one of the better managed states when it comes to vaccine distribution so far.
They dont' have a Democrat in charge.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I got word overnight that I will be getting the vaccine shortly (maybe next week or week after that) because I work for a law enforcement agency. I hope I don't chicken out because I'm not that inclined to get it willingly. I think it's going to be more of a "You have the option to opt out but you won't be able to come to work." type of deal.
Before/if you get the poison injection, ask to read, have them provide and hand you personally, the COVID (poison) package insert. If, after reading what is a very scary document, you decide to get the injection, then you have provided "Informed Consent". If you don't want the injection, then simply say, "I do not consent". Or after reading the whole thing, say, "After informing myself of all the possible dangers of this vaccine, I hereby do not consent to receiving it".

Here's the package insert for FLUVIRIN® (Influenza Virus Vaccine)
The data provided is not "all inclusive" but a mandated condensed legal document, and yet is still 13 pages.

I searched for the package insert for both Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine and Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine and could not locate them the FDA's website. Did find a boat load of guidance concerning COVID vaccines for the money makers though. So, if you, if everyone here, is smart and an independent minded and critical thinking person, you best ask for the package insert, (that is delivered with every vaccine shipment), and read it before rolling up your sleeves. If they cannot provide it, then walk away. If you do not want to experience [ANY] of the side effects, repeat after me, "I do not consent".

This is what package inserts look like. Make sure they give you the original insert that came with the vaccine and not some shortened, edited, feel good about getting the vaccine, single page version.

q,80-0f56d1.jpg

Hijinx

IMO------and that is worth nothing.
It is nobody's business whether you have the shot or not.
Your medical history should only be told to those you approve of knowing it.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The LW received her 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday, and right now she is curled up in bed feeling like crap after a very restless night of "sleep". I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the shot, but who knows? Definitely not the WHO.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The LW received her 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday, and right now she is curled up in bed feeling like crap after a very restless night of "sleep". I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the shot, but who knows? Definitely not the WHO.
My sister, a nurse, received the Moderna vaccine about a month ago. The next day she felt the same way - injection site pain, fatigue, headache, muscle pain, joint pain and chills, and running a slight fever. Seems a pretty common reaction to either one. Her symptoms lasted a couple of days. Hope your LW feels better soon. :flowers:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Well I'm no scientist, but when you have foreign crap injected into your body you can expect that your body will have some form of reaction to it.

herb749

2 doctors in my wife's office got their booster ( Pfizer ) and then felt like crap for 24 hrs. One had a fever over 102.

herb749

My wife is on the fence about getting hers. One of the questions they ask are have you ever had an allergic reaction to a flu shot. She had a pretty bad one to the H1N1 and hasn't got a flu shot since. She's asked several docs in the office if she should. No is the reply.