COVID vaccine

Tech

They dont' have a Democrat in charge.
Last few days Md. has a higher vaccination rate than the Biden stated of a million vaccinations a day for a hundred days. Do we throttle back to not make the poorly run states look bad? It's the government way.

WheezyCarl

Recently tested negative for COVID, although I was directly/closely exposed and exhibited all of the classic symptoms. Still not feeling 100%, but today I showered and had a bite to eat. False-positive results? Flu? Noticed information on my lab results that the test was not "FDA Approved". Should I have known this info? Is anyone else aware of this info? Just boggles my mind that society is just kind of winging it through this pandemic.

Recently tested negative for COVID, although I was directly/closely exposed and exhibited all of the classic symptoms. Still not feeling 100%, but today I showered and had a bite to eat. False-positive results? Flu? Noticed information on my lab results that the test was not "FDA Approved". Should I have known this info? Is anyone else aware of this info? Just boggles my mind that society is just kind of winging it through this pandemic.
Was it a rapid test? A medical professional told me the false negatives for the same day results test is around 35%

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My oldest just informed us that one of the group he was skiing with tested positive. They were sharing an Airbnb in WV. :banghead:
I know that the chances are pretty slim of a positive result bu5 we will see. He sent off his 1st return to school test on the 14th and his 2nd one will go on the 21st, but we are sending him tomorrow or Tuesday for a local test. He gets room service for a couple of days from Chef kom so he won’t complain about that.

WheezyCarl

Just means you shouldn't eat it. :lol:

I had a flu back in the end of 2019, all of the symptoms except no taste, but tested negative as well. Took forever to get rid of the cough.
[/QUO
I certainly didn't eat the swab, but it did feel like a toothpick shoved way up my nostrils.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Does anyone have a website for Calvert Co pre-registration that is updated to say 16 and older? I tried to register my youngest who just turned 17 yesterday through the Health Dept and it still says 18 and older. Besides Calvert Health Dept takes forever to notify you of an appointment. Husband and I registered months ago and still no word. We both ended up getting ours through other sources (work for me and Calvert Internal for husband). Even my 20 year old got his today through his work.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Does anyone have a website for Calvert Co pre-registration that is updated to say 16 and older? I tried to register my youngest who just turned 17 yesterday through the Health Dept and it still says 18 and older. Besides Calvert Health Dept takes forever to notify you of an appointment. Husband and I registered months ago and still no word. We both ended up getting ours through other sources (work for me and Calvert Internal for husband). Even my 20 year old got his today through his work.
What about your 16yo's pediatrician's office?

I'm hearing that the doctor's offices are more efficient and quicker than the county health department's website. (of course)

I monitor 4 mailboxes for work. Anytime someone fills out one of the "online forms" from our website - it gets sent to a particular mailbox. I'm constantly checking them - all day long. I can't imagine how many people sign up in a day X however many days. But there NEEDS TO BE MORE THAN 1 PERSON monitoring those notifications, or I can see how they'd be backed up.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
What about your 16yo's pediatrician's office?

I'm hearing that the doctor's offices are more efficient and quicker than the county health department's website. (of course)

I monitor 4 mailboxes for work. Anytime someone fills out one of the "online forms" from our website - it gets sent to a particular mailbox. I'm constantly checking them - all day long. I can't imagine how many people sign up in a day X however many days. But there NEEDS TO BE MORE THAN 1 PERSON monitoring those notifications, or I can see how they'd be backed up.
Never thought about going through the pediatrician. Thanks.

ginwoman

Maybe try WALGRENs? I just signed up for my 1st shot which will be on Monday

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
If you call them and actually get a real person (their phone system is NUTS) they can tell you what day their system updates for new appointments. Just a thought :)
Youngest isn't in a rush and was actually kind of pissed I wanted to sign him up so he's fine with waiting. For all I know, the schools will require it and start giving out the vaccines eventually.

Kinnakeet

It appears that my prediction of 2 years before you are the walking dead from the vaccine might be wrong

herb749

So I heard Hogan on the radio talking about a vaccine shortage because of the J&J. A reporter with an agenda asked him that Republican Trump voters were refusing to get a vaccine and what he could do. Hogan should have said he can't get black Biden voters to get one either. But of course he didn't.

I believe the reporter was from the paper in Annapolis.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I finally got my notification from Calvert's Health Department about getting the vaccine. They are a week late. :ohwell: