COVID vax does not stop infection

Tech

You mean the people out and about have a higher rate than the cellar dwellers. Who da thought?

rmorse

You mean the people out and about have a higher rate than the cellar dwellers. Who da thought?

I'd imagine the people who are refusing/pushing back on the vaccine are out and about more than the ones who jumped on the vaccine....

Tech

I'd imagine the people who are refusing/pushing back on the vaccine are out and about more than the ones who jumped on the vaccine....
I don't know about that, could it be that we now have more chances to be out? Took two shots of the monkey virus, not to go out but because of age and some minor medical ailments. Felt the chances of adverse reaction during infection was higher.

rmorse

I don't know about that, could it be that we now have more chances to be out? Took two shots of the monkey virus, not to go out but because of age and some minor medical ailments. Felt the chances of adverse reaction during infection was higher.

Anecdotal of course, but with the people I know...I have a bunch of friends who could not care less about the virus and it has been business as usual since the start. I also have a bunch who have been terrified and masked up/social distancing since the start. The ones who have been terrified jumped on the vaccine train and got the Fauci Ouchie as soon as it was available. They're still terrified and staying at home.

SamSpade

Actually - I don't know how to figure this, since the behavior of those measured isn't in the calculation.

I have been fully vaccinated, which means when it's ok - I don't wear the mask, and I tend to ignore all of the pandemic protocols. Because I can.
When I'm advised "you don't have to wear that", you don't have to tell me twice - off it comes.

So is the infection rate higher because the vaxxed are doing what they want - or is it spreading because the unvaxxed are?

Hijinx

I stay out of Charles County to buy anything because of their stinking mask mandates.
I don't like to go to Waldorf anyway because of their crime wave .

Tech

Anecdotal of course, but with the people I know...I have a bunch of friends who could not care less about the virus and it has been business as usual since the start. I also have a bunch who have been terrified and masked up/social distancing since the start. The ones who have been terrified jumped on the vaccine train and got the Fauci Ouchie as soon as it was available. They're still terrified and staying at home.
Before the vax the wife and I just avoided crowded areas. Refused to eat in the parking, if the inside was too crowded, moved on.
Refuse to play the game of passports and negative test.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Everyone I know who caught the Rona in the past 4 months was vaccinated, including myself…..

Except for me :diva: And technically you know me because we had drinks in the Keys. Says so in your sig line.

But other than me, everyone I know who's gotten sick in the past few months was vaccinated. So clearly the vax does not work as advertised, which makes the vax cultists even more interesting. I'm still seeing "just get vaccinated before you kill us all!!" posts from friends on FB, which is like declaring "Dewey beats Truman".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
..... So clearly the vax does not work as advertised,

CDC changes definition of "vaccines" to fit Covid-19 vaccine limitations

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has carefully "evolved" the definition of vaccination to meet the declining ability of some of today's "vaccines," including the Covid-19 vaccines.
The original definition, prior to 2015, stated that vaccines "prevent...disease."
Starting in 2015, the definition was altered to say that vaccines "produce immunity," without necessarily preventing disease.
After the Covid-19 vaccines were introduced, and it was discovered they do not necessarily "prevent disease" or "provide immunity," CDC altered the definition of vaccines again to say that they merely "produce protection."

PeoplesElbow

Playing devils advocate here. Some people have said I got Covid after vaxxed, why did I bother. So there are people that get surgery with sterilized instruments that still get infections, why do they bother to sterilize instruments?

Tech

Playing devils advocate here. Some people have said I got Covid after vaxxed, why did I bother. So there are people that get surgery with sterilized instruments that still get infections, why do they bother to sterilize instruments?
Did they have covid or just a cold. During the summer, had a case of covid tongue but I take a medication that may cause thrush. Which is it?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Poor analogy, when it appears that the majority of people catching COVID now have been vaccinated. Something is starting to look very wrong in all of this emerging data...

SamSpade

When it says they got COVID but were vaccinated - does this mean, symptoms, hospitalization - or just - testing positive?
Because if it's the latter - it's ridiculous. My napkin could test positive - it doesn't "have" COVID.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Sterilizing surgery instruments is for babies. They didn't have that back in the olden days and humans didn't go extinct. Hell, during the Civil War they used to saw your leg off with a filthy saw they'd just used to saw someone else's leg off....with no anesthesia. A surprising number of those patients survived.

PeoplesElbow

Poor analogy, when it appears that the majority of people catching COVID now have been vaccinated. Something is starting to look very wrong in all of this emerging data...
This is with the unsuitable test that pops a positive from too many cycles?