Cowboys field...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...pretty much is responsible for both Jacobs and Eli's injuries. Anyone know what kind of field they have? I'm curious about the economics of the better artificial turf, injuries and how much the owners lose when expensive players go down.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Larry Gude said:
...pretty much is responsible for both Jacobs and Eli's injuries. Anyone know what kind of field they have? I'm curious about the economics of the better artificial turf, injuries and how much the owners lose when expensive players go down.

Id say it was more from the Sack on Eli :whistle: :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...

LordStanley said:
Id say it was more from the Sack on Eli :whistle: :lmao:

...but twice they show him being slung by his jersey. The tackles are fine but the momentum made him go should first and I don't think Fedex would have hurt him or the better fake fields.

big_poppa

Larry,

I have been on the boys field and yes it is hard as hell. I would compare it to placing marine grade carpet (The cheap stuff) on top of concrete. Seriously it felt like falling on slightly padded concrete.

More and more teams that use turf are going to the new (good) stuff like in the Ravens stadium. The field that my team uses for our home games (North Point) has that same new age turf.

In 2009 when the Cowboys are in the new mega stadium, I am sure this will be a problem of the past, as you know they will have the new stuff. Along with every bell and whistle that Jerry Jones has promised.

Kerad

The older style of astroturf (I think they called it texas turf or something like that) was replaced in 2002 (ish?) with a more modern form of fake turf. It's supposedly alot better than the old stuff...but that's not saying much.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
big_poppa said:
Larry,

I have been on the boys field and yes it is hard as hell. I would compare it to placing marine grade carpet (The cheap stuff) on top of concrete. Seriously it felt like falling on slightly padded concrete.

More and more teams that use turf are going to the new (good) stuff like in the Ravens stadium. The field that my team uses for our home games (North Point) has that same new age turf.

In 2009 when the Cowboys are in the new mega stadium, I am sure this will be a problem of the past, as you know they will have the new stuff. Along with every bell and whistle that Jerry Jones has promised.

You guys have an AWESOME field. Too bad we don't play you this year. :ohwell: Not like we'd win anyway. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thank you...

big_poppa said:
Larry,

...for the info.

So, I wonder, how much to replace that field vs. the cost of players out for the season? The NFL players association really needs to get contracts guaranteed, 100%. That is the only way the owners will actually value players like the flashy contracts suggest.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I thought that JJ replaced the turf to try and prolong Emmitt's career? I think that he wanted to try and put sod on the field at one point.

Arizona has the coolest stadium set up on the planet if you ask me. I'd love to see a retractable roof, natural turf stadium built to replace FedEx field. OBTW, I would reduce the capacity to no more than 70,000. It would be nice if the 'Skins could play their home field and have it as loud as RFK was.*memories*