Cowboys trade...

BuddyLee

Football addict
...for Lions standout WR Roy Williams.

This will make the NFC East that much more interesting.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Two second round picks.

One in 2009 and one in 2010.
Ah...ESPN's Ed Werder was wrong.

It was actually a 1st, 3rd, 6th and Dallas gets a 7th back next year.

That is what is being reported now.

That's a lot for Dallas to give up.<!-- / message -->

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You think this is gonna make T. O. happy?

Less throws tossed at him? Hell, he is not a happy guy now?!?!?

You think this is gonna make T. O. happy?

Less throws tossed at him? Hell, he is not a happy guy now?!?!?

You beat me to it. Odds that he's wanting a trade in the off season if they don't win it all this year?

Otter

Nothing to see here
You beat me to it. Odds that he's wanting a trade in the off season if they don't win it all this year?

:lol: The Cowboys have bent over backwards to please him and he's still not happy, doubt many teams will want him now. He's a fantastic receiver but its a team game and he will never get it thru his thick head that its not all about him. San Fran, Philly and now Dallas..think most owners go by 3 strikes and fergettaboutit.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm

Good point, however, who else in the NFL would, or could bear to have him on their team? Too much of a drama momma, I'd think.

BuddyLee

Football addict
That's a lot for Dallas to give up.<!-- / message -->
After doing some evaluating, maybe this isn't a bad deal for Dallas.

Dallas gets that solid #2 receiver they've been waiting for. Yes, they give up a ton of picks next year but look how many they still have...

2009 Picks

1st round - None
2nd round - 1 (Dallas)
3rd round - 2 (Dallas and Cleveland)
4th round - 2 (Dallas and Detroit)
5th round - 2 (Dallas and Tenn)
6th round - 1 (Miami)
7th round - 2 (Dallas and Detroit)

So Dallas doesn't really lose anything here as they were completely stocked with draft picks for next year already.

This is the only problem I see. There is only one ball for the offense. Dallas is already a top 5 offense in the league. How much better can they get on offense? Dallas' problem hasn't been on offense, it's been on defense...most notably their secondary. So, yes this makes Dallas a better team but not THAT much better.

BTW, they signed Roy Williams through 2013.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It...

After doing some evaluating, maybe this isn't a bad deal for Dallas.

Dallas gets that solid #2 receiver they've been waiting for. Yes, they give up a ton of picks next year but look how many they still have...

So Dallas doesn't really lose anything here as they were completely stocked with draft picks for next year already.

This is the only problem I see. There is only one ball for the offense. Dallas is already a top 5 offense in the league. How much better can they get on offense? Dallas' problem hasn't been on offense, it's been on defense...most notably their secondary. So, yes this makes Dallas a better team but not THAT much better.

BTW, they signed Roy Williams through 2013.

...could make them 7 points a game better. That's a big number.

Williams is a #1 type WR and makes Dallas stronger on offense because Crayton and Miles weren't forcing defenses to worry about them too much which meant they could concentrate on TO and Witten that much more.

Clearly, their view is a strong defense starts with a better offense. Now, with Romo out, all they need is an a veteran QB who has been there before and succeed. I don't expect a drop off with Johnson. He may make them better by making fewer mistakes and, with Witten, TO, now Williams and Barber, it's not like he has to go out there and do it all by himself.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Brad Johnson won't be a factor...

...because Tony Romo says he'll play on Sunday.

Brett Favre called Romo and told him to play through the pain and Romo is going to heed that advice.