Cowgirl still riding at 101 yrs old

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I like how she says feeling bad gets fixed right away by going riding, like a good sip of beer!! Hope I still feel that way when I get old about dirt bikes! And beer!

:buddies:

Duckz

"Always saddle yer own horse, always know what yer doin, and go in the direction that you are headin."

Sounds like a good life plan to me! :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This has been posted before but that's okay... It's inspiring... She died 8 years ago after being thrown from her horse. She was 101 years old.

Connie Reeves, a Cowgirl Until the End, Dies at 101 - Obituary; Biography - NYTimes.com

Good stuff!

Connie Reeves, who was very likely America's oldest cowgirl, died in San Antonio on Aug. 17, 12 days after she was thrown from her horse, Dr Pepper. She was 101.

She was riding her favorite horse, a 28-year-old paint, on the morning of Aug. 5 when Dr Pepper threw her over its head. Her neck was broken, but she was not paralyzed, The Kerrville (Tex.) Daily Times reported. The Associated Press said she died of cardiac arrest.

Meg Clark, owner of Camp Waldemar in the Texas Hill Country, where Mrs. Reeves taught riding for 67 years, said she had been riding more this year than in previous years and was delighted that Dr Pepper remained so spirited.

''That was how she wanted to live her life, and that was how she wanted to end it,'' Ms. Clark said on Wednesday. ''She wanted to be on horseback.''

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Great share, I needed a smile that grand lady sure gave me one.

Wasn't she great? So many before her too. See.... women are invincible, hear us ROARRR!

:coffee:

devinej

what an amazing life, beginning to end! very inspiring. lets keep riding.

(love how they say she died of cardiac arrest...isn't that what everyone dies of?)

ElliesMom

That lady is my new IDOL!!! I want to ber when I grow up (MORE). And what a great way to go, riding! (I hope none too soon though, 101 would be great)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That lady is my new IDOL!!! I want to ber when I grow up (MORE). And what a great way to go, riding! (I hope none too soon though, 101 would be great)

And the kewl thing is that at the end it's not like they lifted her up there and strapped her on and she can barely move; she could still RIDE!