Coyote Attacks on the Rise

Auntie Biache'

The media may not being saying that, but it's happening. You can look up "Coyote Attack in (State), and almost always find a story. YT has tons of video's of coyote attacks on pets caught on camera. They're becoming very comfortable in our back yards.

Coyote sightings in residential area's are becoming much more common. Always be cautious when outdoors, don't let children play in the yard alone, and keep a close eye on your pets when they are outdoors.

Breeding season is in February and March. In the spring, females build dens in preparation for their young. Females have a gestation period of 63 days and give birth to groups of three to 12 young at once. The groups of babies are called litters and each coyote baby is called a pup. The size of the litter depends on where the coyotes live. In areas where there are a lot of coyotes, there will be smaller litters. In areas with fewer coyotes, more pups will be born.
Both the male and female participate in taking care of the pups. The male will bring food to the female and the pups and help protect them from predators.
According to the National Trappers Association, a female coyote will stay in her den with her pups until their eyes open. This can take 11 or 12 days. By fall, the pups are old enough to hunt for themselves. Coyotes are usually ready to mate at 20 to 22 months old. In the wild, coyotes live around 10 years, according to the ADW.

Auntie Biache'

The coyote in my neighborhood keeps dropping anvils on his own head, it's freaking hilarious.

My neighborhood coyote stole one of my chickens. I wish it would drop an anvil on it's head. My grandson can't be out of our sight when he's outdoors, and I also have to watch the puppy very closely when she's in the run. It's a huge concern. We'll get it one of these days. Problem is, if there's one, there's more.

jrt_ms1995

My neighborhood coyote stole one of my chickens. I wish it would drop an anvil on it's head. My grandson can't be out of our sight when he's outdoors, and I also have to watch the puppy very closely when she's in the run. It's a huge concern. We'll get it one of these days. Problem is, if there's one, there's more.
Saw one trotting across an open field off Newtowne Neck Rd a few months back.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Critters in the wild have to eat. Like any wild animal, they will go after the easiest prey to capture. So it it's spot or fluffy, so be it.

Auntie Biache'

Critters in the wild have to eat. Like any wild animal, they will go after the easiest prey to capture. So it it's spot or fluffy, so be it.

I don't really have a problem sacrificing the occasional chicken, but I do have my concerns about the puppy, and we don't let Pickle out of our sight.