Coyotes in Calvert?

wollybugger

2 Dogs along the side of the road eating at a deer carcase.

Identical dogs with pointy ears looking somewhat like huskys. Around 7pm south of Dunkirk

Was it too long a day for me?

Last edited:

JoeMac

I have been hearing of coyotes in SOMD for years now. I spend at least 20 days afield each year and I have never seen one. Until I do or see trail cam pictures from someone I trust I will always question it.

As for it being plausible, it is absolutely possible for them to be down here. They are very adaptable and highly intelligent. I would like to have seen them.

Vince

Haven't heard much of coyotes in this area. Where I hunt in Ohio, they have a big coyote problem. When my friend that lives up there goes out walking, he packs a pistol with him just for coyotes.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Haven't heard much of coyotes in this area. Where I hunt in Ohio, they have a big coyote problem. When my friend that lives up there goes out walking, he packs a pistol with him just for coyotes.

We've got them all over down here, when there are police or fire sirens the coyotes howl and it's such an eery sound at night when all else is quiet.

"Werewolves."

"There wolves...."

"Why are you talking like that?"

"I thought you wanted to..."

Young Frankenstein.

fish67

We have seen coyote here in central Calvert. It has been a few years, but when we called DNR they said every county in MD has a coyote population.