Coyotes in St. Mary's?

bulldog

One of my trail cameras snagged a picture of what I thought was a coyote, but was not 100% sure. I sent the picture to a friend at DNR and he confirmed that it is indeed a yote and said that the population in St. Mary's has been on the rise for the last two-three years.

Attachments

• Coyote.jpg
    Coyote.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,079
Last edited:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
One of my trail cameras snagged a picture of what I thought was a coyote, but was not 100% sure. I sent the picture to a friend at DNR and he confirmed that it is indeed a yote and said that the population in St. Mary's has been on the rise for the last two-three years.
Great. Another reason to be freaked out when walking the dog at night.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Please post pic, we have many trail cams but have never got a coyote on one..

BernieP

Resident PIA

not suprising I guess, they have no natural predator in the area.

bulldog

Don't want the yote getting to this guy. He'll be a shooter next year. :)

Attachments

• Buck.jpg
    Buck.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 409

Vince

Have a friend in Ohio. The coyote problem up there is so bad he has to carry a gun just to go walking in his area. He lives way out in farm country. Up there it's open season on coyotes.

bulldog

Have a friend in Ohio. The coyote problem up there is so bad he has to carry a gun just to go walking in his area. He lives way out in farm country. Up there it's open season on coyotes.

Open here too. No season dates, no limits.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0

where was this at if ya dont mind me asking?

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Do the coyotes unprevokedly attack people or domesticated dogs? Or are they more scared of us and keep to themselves? I'm sure livestock will not be safe...

bulldog

Wow I would have thought that was a red fox, maybe we do have pics after all...:killingme

Too tall for a fox and the face is too pointy in my opinion. Knowing exactly where that was taken and the height of the beans there, just too tall for a fox.
But, I had my doubts too and that is why I asked DNR and they confirmed.