Crab bait?

krisx2

What is the best type of crab bait? My husband is set on catching us a crab feast this year. He tried using hot dogs - that caught one crab. Then he used chicken necks - that caught us about a dozen. Is there something better? Also, any tips on putting out traps? We had about 4 traps out this time and we left them out a week. Maybe we shouldn't have had them out that long. I'll take any info ya'll would like to pass along.

ocean733

What is the best type of crab bait? My husband is set on catching us a crab feast this year. He tried using hot dogs - that caught one crab. Then he used chicken necks - that caught us about a dozen. Is there something better? Also, any tips on putting out traps? We had about 4 traps out this time and we left them out a week. Maybe we shouldn't have had them out that long. I'll take any info ya'll would like to pass along.

PM Dems4me.

T

toppick08

Chicken necks, salted eel, fish heads...or bull lips.

tipsymcgee

For trot line, eel is still king, but chicken necks work but don't last, and bull lips work and will last longer. For traps, fish is best, and some of the best bait I've used is small perch, or heads of what you've cleaned.