crap like this is why I stopped being an SRT fan

glhs837

Power with Control
Ralph Gille ruined it and appears to still be doing so. Making up fake "exhaust" sounds, stupid front wing, and programming in what looks to be a fake transmission just so you get pushed back into your seat at every fake gear change. Maybe the trans has two gears, maybe not, but they make it sound like it going to emulate a five or six speed with "electro-mechanical" shifting "experience".

• Three game-changing, patent-pending features make up the core of the Charger Daytona SRT Concept:
    • R-Wing: Front aerodynamic wing retains Dodge profile while achieving aerodynamic efficiencies
    • Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust: Industry-first exhaust system for an electric vehicle delivers a performance sound that rivals the SRT Hellcat
    • eRupt: Multi-speed transmission with an electro-mechanical shifting experience that’s pure Dodge

glhs837

Power with Control
Playing cards clipped to the a-arm so they hit the wheel spokes?
No, but almost as stupid, you can hear it here.

Elshoff told me that the system doesn't sample the noise from the Charger EV's motors, but generates a synthetic one based on the "cadence from a Hemi V8." He adds that it "screams at higher revs," which might explain where Dodge got the Banshee name for its 800-volt electric drivetrain. A transducer then manipulates that sound based on throttle position, vehicle speed, load, and so on, feeding the signal to an amplifier that spits it out through a fairly conventional exhaust. Elshoff likens the setup to "a resonator or those direct/reflecting home speakers from the 1980s."

Christ, like strapping a buggy whip to your Model T.

glhs837

Power with Control
I respect this more :)

My buddy who has a raging erection for Dodges new EV told me the exhaust was cool "because nobody like the sound of an electric motor...... "

I said this must be okay then,,,,

Rommey

Ralph Gille ruined it and appears to still be doing so. Making up fake "exhaust" sounds, stupid front wing, and programming in what looks to be a fake transmission just so you get pushed back into your seat at every fake gear change. Maybe the trans has two gears, maybe not, but they make it sound like it going to emulate a five or six speed with "electro-mechanical" shifting "experience".

• Three game-changing, patent-pending features make up the core of the Charger Daytona SRT Concept:
    • R-Wing: Front aerodynamic wing retains Dodge profile while achieving aerodynamic efficiencies
    • Fratzonic Chambered Exhaust: Industry-first exhaust system for an electric vehicle delivers a performance sound that rivals the SRT Hellcat
    • eRupt: Multi-speed transmission with an electro-mechanical shifting experience that’s pure Dodge

I wonder how long it will be before a cop writes a ticket for too loud exhaust or modified exhaust...

glhs837

Power with Control
I wonder how long it will be before a cop writes a ticket for too loud exhaust or modified exhaust...

We had Neon SRT owners getting tickets for modified exhaust back in the day. Some just paid, others went to court to prove that the cars left the factory with only cats and resonators, no mufflers. SRT designed it that way, and it met all standards for noise levels. But it certainly didn't sound that way :)

black dog

Free America
Masks the drip - drip - drip of oil onto pavement. 🛢️
The best part is you get to speckel the new generation riders with oil behind you on a poker run.
Shovelheads rule...
Getting ready to ride to Marion again today for
Hog Daze this weekend. Hopefull something will start... Lots of leakers and kickers.
277096152_1258247601250672_4266857318764731450_n.jpg