Crappie fishing/St. Mary's lake

T

toppick08

Has anybody had any luck fishing for crappies in St. Mary's Lake?
If so, would you favor minnows or jigs. The cooler weather should wake the fish up soon. Thanks.

dolemite

Has anybody had any luck fishing for crappies in St. Mary's Lake?
If so, would you favor minnows or jigs. The cooler weather should wake the fish up soon. Thanks.

Has anybody even caught any fish at St. Mary's Lake? I went a couple of times and with 7 lines stuck in the trees I haven't been back since.:buddies:

tommyjones

Has anybody even caught any fish at St. Mary's Lake? I went a couple of times and with 7 lines stuck in the trees I haven't been back since.:buddies:

if you cant catch a fish at the lake you dont know what you are doing.

with bait and a bobber you should at least catch a few bluegill......

Woodyspda

Then that doesn't explain why I can catch a cooler full of fish at Solomon's Pier:buddies:

Two totally different sports.

that's a big lake, if you are getting stuck in the trees, try going to the other side of the lake where there aren't any trees.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It's always crappy fishing at the lake. :lol:

:yeahthat: Now back in the day (this is where my offspring roll their eyes) there was some good crappie fishing at the lake. Gumby and I were fishing together a lot in 1987. He caught a 13.75" crappie as we were about to call it a day. He had the big one.

My bobber goes under with a ploop and I pull in a 14". I still have a patch for it somewhere.

slight difference between salt and fresh water fishing. you might want to leave your surf rods at home when you go to the lake next time :killingme

Couple years back I saw a family sitting on one of the points all set up with chairs, coolers and in rod holders...big a$$ed surf rods.:lmao:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
:yeahthat: Now back in the day (this is where my offspring roll their eyes) there was some good crappie fishing at the lake. Gumby and I were fishing together a lot in 1987. He caught a 13.75" crappie as we were about to call it a day. He had the big one.

My bobber goes under with a ploop and I pull in a 14". I still have a patch for it somewhere.

i member that. Barely:otter: I think we were drunker than ten people:buddies:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
I caught a few large mouth dinks down there a few years back.

I was told there is a hole in the dam or somethin' and that is why the water is down.
Then with the drought and all :shrug:

If they drained it to fix it, how long til it is a good fishin hole again?