Crazy footage of a PIT maneuver resulting in the police car flying

glhs837

Power with Control
More like a half broadside than a pit maneuver....

And at 109mph to boot. Supposed to your front fender against his rear fender, initiate pivot, keep contact until the bad guys too far in to recover, then keep your turn on to get clear. Oh, and most departments dont want you doing this above 35mph. This was some serious cowboy sh%$.

limblips

PREMO Member
Officer Joey Chitwood was four inches shorter after that Ex-Lax "Smooth move of the day" performance.:killingme
I wonder how many will get the Chitwood reference. All that aside, Officer Bluelight Hardon needs to go back to pit maneuver class.

gemma_rae

New details released in Fort Smith crash that killed driver, injured trooper.

Arkancide?

glhs837

Power with Control
Ordered by the dispatcher to end the chase immediately ie PITT the vehicle

So the dispatcher told him he was authorized to do some cowboy shi$. Does not change what it was. Nor that he performed it poorly. And no, you cannot train PITs at +100. Too damn dangerous. But you can train it at lower speeds, or even mentally rehearse it to be ready so monkey brain doesnt take over when it hits the fan. I never jumped out of an aircraft, but I trained it as much as possible as far in the process as possible so that if the time came, it would be already there.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So the dispatcher told him he was authorized to do some cowboy shi$. Does not change what it was. Nor that he performed it poorly.

It was NOT My intention to appear to be Making excuses for the lack of Judgment on Fife's Part .....