Credit card crooks!

Steve

Enjoying life!
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
You're right however, I bought my first brand spankin' new car when I was 19 years old. I had very little credit established, and still managed to come out with a 5 yr, 7% interest rate. :biggrin: Probably because the lender thought I was so cute...:bubble:

It wasn't a Cavalier, was it?

Steve

Enjoying life!
Developments...

We have been contacted by Tina Pruett (OfficeOfThePresident@wachovia.com), asking about our particular circumstance. We will keep you posted on developments. The war continues...

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Thank gawd I pay CASH for everything...:biggrin: (aside from transportation of course) My logic: if I don't have the funds, I don't need it...:bubble:

Cash is a good thing. If you're fortunate enough, and disciplined enough, I think it's good to maintain a credit card account, and earn points or miles or something, and then pay the balance in full each month. Then you're maintaining an excellent credit history and earning something that cash can't earn.

(Especially given that my checking account now earns a whopping 0.1% in interest. Yes - one-tenth of one percent! WOW! Pretty soon, they'll charge you for writing a check, AND maintaining a positive balance!)

alex

MBNA stinks! We had them and they played the credit line game - raised the line and then dropped and started charging us over limit fees. Dumped them quick and will never go back. I have an Amex Rewards card and that is all I use. If you don't take that card I don't shop in your store.

I originally got it for business travel, where I had to pay and get reimbursed by the company. I love that I have to pay it off each month and their customer serivce is WONDERFUL!!! They will go out of their way to help you and are very polite. When my husband had his wallet stolen overseas he had a new card the very next morning!

alex

I hate getting cc offers in the mail, especially the preapproved for $XX ones. I used to shred them but now I mail them back in the postage paid envelopes they send saying to stop sending them to me. I do this with every piece of unsolicated junk mail I can.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Originally posted by alex
I hate getting cc offers in the mail, especially the preapproved for $XX ones. I used to shred them but now I mail them back in the postage paid envelopes they send saying to stop sending them to me. I do this with every piece of unsolicated junk mail I can.
Fill the envelopes before you mail them. Something like banana peels, coffee grounds, used kleenex etc.

Enclose a polite note saying "how nice it was to get to look at their trash" and you now feel obligated to let them see some of yours.