Cree LED 60W replacement bulbs

C

czygvtwkr

I bought two of these at Home Depot the other day, a daylight and a warm white one. The daylight one was $13 and the warm white one was $12. I have to say that I am quite impressed by both of them, they only use 9W of electricity only get warm enough were I can put my hand directly on any part of the bulb and leave it there and seem to be glass wrapped in a silicone coating so they may have some durability built into them. There is no "warm up" time they come on immediately and both produce a very pleasing light. They are both also lead and mercury free. These are the first 60W replacement LED bulbs that I had a desire to buy because they finally cracked the price point that I am willing to pay.

So far my light bulb ratings would be

LED A-
Regular Old light bulbs B
Halogen Low Energy bulbs B+
Compact Fluorescent D-

somdfunguy

not impressed
Yup I have them in my bathroom and kitchen. Costco has a few different types and a great return policy. Just make sure you get Cree.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I hope all the recalled units have been pulled from the shelves, but just in case....

CPSC - LED Light Bulbs Recalled by Lighting Science Group Due to Fire Hazard

Do not think that those are the CREE LED bulbs.

I bought 15 of the GU10 bulbs from eBay a few months ago, as a spot bulb they are awesome. Unfortunately the fixture we have them in benefits more from the halogen bulbs. The narrower beams from the LEDs does not provide as much light the halogens. They will do great in ten recessed ones I plan to install in the basement.

I have found the ebay ones are cheaper and work on par as the ones from Lowes and Home Depot. Even had a Bob from Lowes with the same part number and item number as one I bought off eBay from a different manufacturer. Going to try spot lights next.

Vince

Too many dayum bulbs and none of them worth a crap. So which one isn't a fire hazard, which one isn't a hazard if it breaks, etc. etc. :confused: Just give me a regular dayum light bulb. I like the curly ones. They put out good light.

somdfunguy

not impressed
Too many dayum bulbs and none of them worth a crap. So which one isn't a fire hazard, which one isn't a hazard if it breaks, etc. etc. :confused: Just give me a regular dayum light bulb. I like the curly ones. They put out good light.
Cree

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I'll have to check those out for that price. I bought 3 recessed LED's for my kitchen at Lowes and they were $30 each. I put them over the sink and island and they are very bright white. I'm holding off on the other 9 in there.

Went to Lowes at lunch looking for the Cree bulbs, couldn't find them anywhere. Very puzzled. Get back to my office, go online to the Cree homepage...

Home Depot. Not Lowes. dumazz.

Did a bit more looking online. Amazon had a few. At incredible markup. The $13 bulb was $18. Yeah, right....

C

czygvtwkr

Another great thing about the CREE's is looking at it, even when its on, it is very hard to tell that it is not a normal light bulb, the light is spread out very even.

nutz

Saw that. At first I thought, ok, only $13. But I need a few.

Box of 6. Almost $75 ! ACK! I can buy a lot of blubs and electricity for that!

Costco in Brandywine had some 60W equivalent, dimmable for ~$5.99 after the instant SMECO rebate.