Creepy School Phone Message Re: Lusby Family Death

Agilemom

I just received an automated message regarding a family in Lusby who have died. Because it came from the school wide alert system I'm guessing this tragedy included some school age children. What's this all about?

cgwife

I just received an automated message regarding a family in Lusby who have died. Because it came from the school wide alert system I'm guessing this tragedy included some school age children. What's this all about?

They were all adults involved, no children. Still VERY sad! Thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Agilemom

Thanks! I did call the school and the other thread is the discussion about the tragedy. My heart goes out to the family; so much loss.

Maybe that is just one of the ways they are getting the word out?

aconsta383

http://www.calverthealth.org/

"PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CALVERT COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT

DAVID L. ROGERS, MD MPH HEALTH OFFICER

CONTACT INFORMATION: 410-535-5400

March 6, 2012

This is a case of an elderly woman living in a rural setting in the Lusby area. She became sick on or about February 23, 2012, with upper respiratory symptoms, at her home. She was cared for at home by three of her children, a son and two daughters. They developed similar upper respiratory symptoms on or about February 28, 2012. They were all hospitalized and became critically ill and two have subsequently died. One caregiver is currently at the Washington Hospital Center. This appears to be confined to a single family and there is no reason to believe, at this time, that others have been infected with this illness."

bcp

In My Opinion
If it kills adults, I'd bet it can probably kill kids.

not always, sometimes there is an underlying health issue that brings it on.
I will say however that the norm for this sort of thing is for it to affect the elderly and the very young first. For it to hit what We can only assume were healthy young to middle age adults is cause for concern.