Critical Race Theory - Actions and Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
When a newly-elected school board member stood up to oppose teaching critical race theory…

In a bizarre “Complaint” filed against recently-elected Vermont School Board member Elizabeth Cady, two citizens allege Cady’s inquiries about the introduction of Critical Race Theory (CRT) constitute a “clear breach” of School Board Operations Policy. As in many states, this controversial ideology is seeping into Vermont’s curricula. Cady’s case is instructive of the coercive pressure exerted by CRT radicals against those who dare question the hasty implementation of this novel, race-based “theory.”

Laura Taylor and Emily Franz allege that Cady “gave the impression that… she would represent special interests or partisan politics for personal gain.” No monetary “personal gain” is identified. Their real complaint, in my opinion, is summarized in their conclusion:

We are both strong supporters of the EWSD [East Westford School District] and its work on equity and inclusion. We feel that each and every member of the School Board should be as well.

CRT proponents oppose dissenting opinions. A core principle of CRT asserts that free speech liberties have been used to oppress Black people, and thus White people cannot be permitted a differing opinion -- free speech is an obstacle to “equity.” (Ryszard Legutko calls this “coercion to freedom.”) A quasi-religious ideology, CRT is being launched in Vermont schools via what scholar Christopher F. Rufo aptly identifies as an “institutional orthodoxy.” This dogma does not tolerate disagreement, as it “feels that each and every member” of society “should” agree to use skin color as a determinant of education and public policy. If one disagrees, one is a heretic to be targeted, shunned and slandered.

The complaint falsely attributes an article written by reporter Guy Page to Mrs. Cady, which dared employ the word “uppity”:
7_201_9.gif

Before we point out the clear breach of the policy, we must take a minute to point out that the word “uppity” has deeply troubling racial and sexist undertones. It is deeply disturbing to us that a school board member would post under such an offensive, racist, and sexist title, and yet, it is not even the most unsettling aspect of the post.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I think the CRT folks should mount an aggressive campaign to ensure that no black or brown people are admitted to the US as refugees or immigrants. It's too dangerous to allow them into a country that is boiling over with racial hatred perpetrated by the majority wypipo.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Vernon Jones Blasts Critical Race Theory: ‘It’s Racism’ That ‘Does Not Make Any Sense’

Bartiromo pointed out that kids are being labeled as racists before they have a chance to speak their minds. “Tell me about the impact to this on our population.”

“See, Maria, that’s what I was saying earlier. You ask 10 different people, you get 10 different definitions. It’s been taught different ways in different schools, and it’s being abused,” the gubernatorial candidate explained. “And the problem is you are taking young people who are next to another young person and pitting one against the other, and you say to even white children, ‘Look, you’re responsible for what happened hundreds and hundreds of years ago,’ and they don’t have a clue.”

“So, it being race-based, and you are teaching in a way that you’re teaching racism. It does not make any sense. I’m totally against it. Georgia shouldn’t have it. I call on our governor to stop it,” Jones explained. “I was with the local school board just recently the other night. I had my representative there saying, ‘Look, ban it in those local schools.’ There is no place for critical race theory. We can’t talk about history. We can’t talk about things we know about, teach about things we don’t know about, where it’s becoming abusive. And it’s racism and race-based. What else can you say? It just should not be taught.”

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So does critical race theory apply to anyone else or is it a strictly American institution?