Critical Race Theory Actions and Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Private School Board President Who Banned Parents Critical Of Woke Activism Helps Run Real Estate Company Whose Execs Are Almost Entirely White Men

The president of a private school’s Board of Trustees, who preaches about the importance of the school’s diversity, equity, and inclusion agenda, works for a real estate company run almost entirely by white men.

Jonathan Kass is the board president of Columbus Academy in Ohio and was responsible for finalizing the decision to deny re-enrollment to the children of two mothers who demanded transparency in their children’s alleged race-based curriculum.

Kass also works as the President of Development at a real estate company, which was co-founded by his father and has virtually no diversity in its high-ranking workforce. Among the 30 employees listed on Continental Real Estate Company’s website, five are women, and one employee appears to be black.

[clip]

Kass’s wife, Melissa Reid Kass, has also been an outspoken activist. Reid Kass claimed on multiple occasions that Columbus — and Ohio writ large — suffers from a “white supremacy problem.”

Melissa-Kass-post-139x300.jpeg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I’m A Middle School Teacher And See How Critical Race Curriculum Is Creating Racial Hostility In School

During fall 2020 semester, we were given our curriculum timeline on the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War. I noticed the stories and books seemed to focus almost exclusively on slavery and racism. Those are appropriate topics that we always have taught, but the focus has become narrow, excluding many other aspects of our history.

You can see in this image of me in my classroom in 2019 that we taught about racism, including the writings of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and the novel Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, among others.

We did not need a new curriculum for students to learn about slavery and racism. We already did that, in great depth, relying in part on the writings of great African-American authors.

American history now is being retold exclusively from the perspective of oppressed peoples during the Revolutionary period through to the Civil War, and also in the literature of the Civil Rights movement. From my position in the classroom, it seemed that much of American history and literature was getting wiped out. No one of these new books, standing alone, would be problematic, it’s the new lack of diversity of perspective that is the problem. Although the 1619 Project itself has not yet been introduced, the historical perspective now has shifted to making slavery and racism the defining events of the founding and growth of America.

[clip]

Then sometime around January 2021, hundreds of new leaflet style booklets arrived, all poorly written, historically biased, inaccurate, and pushing a racial narrative. I noticed the book covers right away. They were odd. In some cases the book covers browned out the faces of historical characters like Lincoln to look black or brown, none of the books were recognizable, and all the booklets seemed to revolve around slavery or oppression.

Perplexed, I thought there was a mistake. I asked a teacher leader what was going on and he looked jokingly at me saying “Comrade, we were told to remove all classroom sets of reading material in order to make room for the incoming sets of books.” I laughed, assuming this was a joke. But it was not a joke, this was real and happening in my school, in my classroom.

In isolation and without historical perspective, the thematic message in every book was clear: White Europeans were and are evil and African Americans were and are victimized by white oppressors. Woven into this new curriculum was a school-wide social push to focus on Black Lives Matter support groups and other social justice identity groups.

Teachers were encouraged to participate in “white educator affinity groups” where we would be given essays on how not to be a white supremacist in the classroom.

[clip]

Internal professional development separating white teachers from black teachers? How is that inclusive? During these professional development sessions, black teachers were encouraged to share stories of racism and white educators encouraged to talk about what it means to be white. I can think of nothing more divisive than dividing us up by race.

Finally, for some students, standing for The Pledge of Allegiance was no longer something they did. We are not allowed to question why, and the truth is, I knew why. Already these young people were beginning to hate America. I was the only person standing and the only person that could be heard saying “liberty and justice for all”.

Midway through the academic year, some students started calling me “America” because I was white. These students, whom I love, were turning against me because of my skin color. I don’t blame them, I blame the racial narratives being forced upon them in school.

Several of my colleagues stated I had “white privilege.” I was quickly made to feel as though I was becoming the enemy. My black colleagues added more similar comments in passing, for example: “You have white privilege Bessinger, your gestures are a rich person’s gestures.”

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Bad News: Teachers Are Teaching CRT. Good News: They're Teaching It About As Well As They Teach Math

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Let Them Die,’ Top PTA, NAACP Official Says In Tirade About Anti-Critical Race Theory Parents

The counter-protesters listening to Leete’s speech on Thursday — who appeared to include no black people — burst into cheers and applause at the line, according to video by an education activist.

Parents gathered outside the Thursday night school board meeting for an event billed as a “STOP CRT RALLY,” with a flyer saying “While they deny it’s being taught, NEA doubles down. It’s not about race or equity, it’s about a Communist Radical Takeover of America!”

Counter-protesters also showed up. Leete spoke before a circle of them and said:

So let’s meet and remain steadfast in speaking truth, tearing down double standards, and refuting double talk. Let’s not allow any double downing on lies. Let’s prepare our children for a world they deserve. Let’s deny this off-key band of people that are anti-education, anti-teacher, anti-equity, anti-history, anti-racial reckoning, anti-opportunities, anti-help people, anti-diversity, anti-platform, anti-science, anti-change agent, anti-social justice, anti-healthcare, anti-worker, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-children, anti-healthcare, anti-worker, anti-environment, anti-admissions policy change, anti-inclusion, anti-live-and-let live people. Let them die. (everyone cheers) Don’t let these uncomfortable people deter us from our bold march forward.

[clip]

“I listened, stunned, as Michelle Leete, an executive of the NAACP and the PTA, put a target on the backs of parents just because they have a different point of view,” she told The Daily Wire. Nomani is a PTA member and immigrated to the U.S. from India.

“What we heard tonight was hate speech, pure and simple. It was shocking that anyone would cheer and applaud a call to violence… Ironically, her hateful, intolerant words are a perfect illustration of the divisive ideology of critical race theory in action. In the name of tolerance, it preaches intolerance and is a betrayal of all values of humanity and decency,” she said.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gaslighting for critical race theory

The conclusion of George Orwell’s essay “Politics and the English Language” includes these two sentences: “Stuart Chase and others have come near to claiming that all abstract words are meaningless, and have used this as a pretext for advocating a kind of political quietism. Since you don’t know what fascism is, how can you struggle against fascism?”

Doesn’t this remind you of attempts today to deflect attacks on critical race theory? A parental and governmental counterrevolution against CRT has exploded into life, and one of the ways defenders try to protect it is to advocate a kind of political quietism — since you don’t know what CRT is, how can you struggle against it?

Slate, a left-wing magazine, for example, tweeted last month, “Conservatives want to cancel critical race theory. But they don’t know what it is.” This is gaslighting to make CRT’s opponents question their understanding and doubt the evidence of their own ears and eyes.

It fits the progressive trope that conservatives are ignorant and stupid. Such contempt (which is reciprocated) led, among other things, to Donald Trump’s victory in 2016. And just as it failed five years ago, it is failing again now. Which prompts the thought, if Left-liberals are so smart, why can’t they think of a new line of attack and stop repeating what is so ineffectual?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The NAACP Leader Who Declared 'Let Them Die' About Opponents of CRT Has Resigned

Leete resigned from her position of Vice President of Training at the Virginia PTA. She's also the Vice President of the Fairfax NAACP and the Vice President of Communications for the Fairfax County PTA.

Leete's remarks of "Let them die" came after a ranting screed against those who oppose CRT, where she referred to them as "anti-education, anti-teacher, anti-equity, anti-history, anti-racial reckoning, anti-opportunity, anti-help people, anti-diversity, anti-platform, anti-science, anti-change agent, anti-social justice, anti-health care (mentioned twice), anti-worker (mentioned twice), anti-LGBTQ+, anti-children, anti-environment, anti-admissions policy change, anti-inclusion, anti-live and let live people."

She went on to say "Let them die," as her words were drowned out by enthusiastic applause before she continued with saying "don't let these uncomfortable people deter us from our goal to march forward."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Virginia PTA Staffer Faces the Music for Wishing Death on CRT Opponents

While many on the Left have obfuscated the issue of CRT, claiming that concern about it is a “conspiracy theory” or even a manifestation of white “privilege” (effectively erasing the black parents, black teachers, and Asian organizations that have rightly condemned CRT), it seems the Virginia PTA has come to its senses, at least when it comes to Leete.

However, the Virginia PTA has taken steps to defend CRT. This year, the Fairfax County School board eliminated the admissions test at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJ), the top-performing high school in the nation. The move increased the numbers of blacks, Hispanics, and whites entering TJ, at the expense of Asian students. When outraged parents spoke up against CRT and won a majority at the Parent Teacher Student Association, the Virginia PTA moved to dissolve the group.

The fact that the NAACP hasn’t yet condemned Leete is particularly damning. Even if the NAACP follows the Virginia PTA’s lead on Leete, CRT advocates will continue their crusade to infiltrate schools and subvert the education of America’s children.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hasbro Training Session Teaches Employees That Babies Can Be Racist

“We may see this play out in daycare or on the playgrounds and how kids are starting to choose or exclude playmates and friends,” the training claims.

The training continued to state that three, four, and five-year-olds can exemplify racial preferences and even show a “pro-white bias.”

“By age three, children are already starting to apply stereotypes, and research shows that they also may use racist language intentionally at this age,” the training said. “White children at this age may report explicit or overt negative attitudes towards people of color … By age four, kids are showing a strong and consistent pro-white anti-black bias.”

Hijinx

I have been around for 78 years and have never seen the racist garbage that has been appearing over the last few years as democrats divide the races more and more for their political ambitions.

When will blacks start seeingthat they are being used.
Democrats support the genocide of blacks by abortion and ghetto shootings in democrat cities, while importing illegal browns to take their jobs and they cannot see it. They are dying in the streets of America's democrat cities while screaming to get rid of the police which tries to stop the murders. Where is the sense in that?

Critical race has definitely reached a critical point where the divisiveness has to stop, as it is breeding more hate from both sides.
I am no Nazi or white supremacist and I am getting pissed at being called one every day simply because I am white. White people are under attack and if it keeps up it will breed what their accusations accuse us of.

Smokey1

I have been around for 78 years and have never seen the racist garbage that has been appearing over the last few years as democrats divide the races more and more for their political ambitions.

When will blacks start seeingthat they are being used.
Democrats support the genocide of blacks by abortion and ghetto shootings in democrat cities, while importing illegal browns to take their jobs and they cannot see it. They are dying in the streets of America's democrat cities while screaming to get rid of the police which tries to stop the murders. Where is the sense in that?

Critical race has definitely reached a critical point where the divisiveness has to stop, as it is breeding more hate from both sides.
I am no Nazi or white supremacist and I am getting pissed at being called one every day simply because I am white. White people are under attack and if it keeps up it will breed what their accusations accuse us of.

I believe that is their purpose, they want to promote division and hatred.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pushback on Critical Race Theory From the Unwoke Giving Democrats Nightmares

San Francisco is a good example. The wokest of woke cities, San Francisco is seeing a revolt by parents who don’t like seeing their children divided along racial lines and don’t support sacrificing excellence in the name of equity and diversity.

Citizens in San Francisco are attempting the unprecedented recall of three members of the school board who have come under fire for some of the most radical policies in America.

Wall Street Journal:

What has the board done to make itself so unpopular? Consider what it didn’t do. San Francisco was one of the last public school systems to reopen. It was so bad, at one point the city itself sued the school district.
Meanwhile, in January the board found the time to vote to strip 44 public schools of their names, including Abraham Lincoln High and Dianne Feinstein Elementary, over alleged complicity in racism or oppression. This was followed by an embarrassing about-face when it emerged how flimsy the criteria were. Alamo Elementary School made the list even though it was named not for the Texas battle but for the Spanish word for poplar tree.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Pushback on Critical Race Theory From the Unwoke Giving Democrats Nightmares

San Francisco is a good example. The wokest of woke cities, San Francisco is seeing a revolt by parents who don’t like seeing their children divided along racial lines and don’t support sacrificing excellence in the name of equity and diversity.

Citizens in San Francisco are attempting the unprecedented recall of three members of the school board who have come under fire for some of the most radical policies in America.

Wall Street Journal:
I don't recall ever seeing anyone claim these morons were intelligent...