Critical Race Theory Actions and Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Portland professor resigns with scathing letter about woke brainwashing at ‘social justice factory’

Peter Boghossian has decided that he no longer wants to metaphorically punch a time clock in a social justice factory.

Philosophy professor Boghossian has today informed the provost of Portland State University in Oregon that he is quitting his teaching position there because the campus has apparently become besotted with intolerance to free speech.

“While I am grateful for the opportunity to have taught at Portland State for over a decade, it has become clear to me that this institution is no place for people who intend to think freely and explore ideas,” he declared in setting forth in writing various reasons for his resignation.

Smokey1

Portland professor resigns with scathing letter about woke brainwashing at ‘social justice factory’

Peter Boghossian has decided that he no longer wants to metaphorically punch a time clock in a social justice factory.

Philosophy professor Boghossian has today informed the provost of Portland State University in Oregon that he is quitting his teaching position there because the campus has apparently become besotted with intolerance to free speech.

“While I am grateful for the opportunity to have taught at Portland State for over a decade, it has become clear to me that this institution is no place for people who intend to think freely and explore ideas,” he declared in setting forth in writing various reasons for his resignation.

Good for him. Hope more follow his lead.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's Time to Acknowledge Anti-White Racism

Anti-White Racism, by Definition

As any student of George Orwell knows, no authoritarian government can ever gain complete control unless it commandeers people’s thinking through the manipulation of language. Thus, the dystopian powers in “1984” deliberately turned the meaning of words upside-down in a process known as double-think.

[clip]

The definition of racism has undergone a radical change in a short time. According to the new eighth-grade curriculum for the Albemarle County (Va.) School District, racism now means: “The marginalization and/or oppression of people of color based on a socially constructed racial hierarchy that privileges white people.”

Perhaps the most jarring aspect of this new definition is that it is no longer race-neutral. It is now impossible, by definition, for white people to be the victims of racism. The definition itself constructs a “racial hierarchy” whereby only people of color may be victimized, and only “white people” may marginalize or oppress.

But there is something even more insidious about the new definition. Since the “marginalization and/or oppression of people of color” is no longer committed by word, thought, or deed — but is based instead on an inescapable “socially constructed racial hierarchy” that always “privileges white people” — it means that white people are engaging in racism simply by being white (and hence privileged) within this impersonal system of marginalization and oppression.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Labeling The Founding Documents ‘Offensive’ Is Just The Beginning Of The National Archives’ Spiteful Plans

The report also suggested new, intense diversity training courses for its employees. Although it isn’t clear exactly what those training courses may entail, a look at the task force report’s glossary reveals some of what National Archives employees could experience in the near future.

For example, the task force defines “White Privilege” as “The unquestioned and unearned set of advantages, entitlements, benefits, and choices bestowed on people solely because they are White.”

Even more disturbingly, the Archives says “White Supremacy Culture” is the “dominant, unquestioned standards of behavior and ways of functioning embodied by the vast majority of institutions in the United States. These standards may be seen as mainstream, dominant cultural practices; they have evolved from the United States’ history of white supremacy.”

By rewriting America’s history and “recontextualizing” her founding documents and the people who created them, Joe Biden’s National Archives is seeking to undermine the founders of our country and the values they fought — and in some cases, died — to establish and defend.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Parents Band Together, Force Resignation Of School Superintendent Who Pushed For Teaching Critical Race Theory

News 12 in the Bronx reported that Dr. Martin Cox, superintendent at Clarkstown Central School resigned, citing “personal reasons.” The school board “very quickly voted 5 to 1 Tuesday night in support of his resignation without ever explaining to the community why he is leaving,” the outlet reported.

The outlet reported that Cox was allowed to resign instead of being fired, but repeatedly said it was unclear why he resigned. The outlet then proceeded to note numerous reasons why parents were unhappy with Cox’s leadership. From News 12:

He was seen as anti-justice and anti-police for his delayed response to a controversial presentation done by a student about the Black Lives Matter movement.
Parents were also critical of his decision to enforce a mask mandate for students and staff this year before the CDC and state Health Department did.

Hijinx

Although this Professor has ethics and is right about quitting, it is a shame to lose one of the only people at Portland College who was a real American.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Big Biz has found that Critical Race Theory is bad for business

I’ve noticed something lately covering the woke culture that’s threatening to turn corporate offices into university-style safe spaces: There are apparently limits to how far left big companies are willing to veer to gain progressive brownie points.

Case in point: the much-celebrated diversity hustle that companies had begun to embrace during our summer of “largely peaceful protests.” Of course, we all want a diverse workforce, but after the tragic murder of George Floyd, some firms thought it would be smart to indoctrinate office workers in that noxious fad known as Critical Race Theory.

CRT is an amalgam of left-wing talking points spewed out by the growing diversity-consulting business. The stated purpose by its practitioners sounds noble enough: Use CRT to root out racism and make the world a better place.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Walmart vs. whiteness – hourly employees guilty of 'internalized racial superiority'

According to a cache of internal documents I have obtained from a whistleblower, Walmart launched the program in 2018 in partnership with the Racial Equity Institute, a Greensboro, North Carolina, consulting firm that has worked extensively with universities, government agencies, and private corporations.

[clip]

The program begins with the claim that the United States is a "white supremacy system," designed by white Europeans "for the purpose of assigning and maintaining white skin access to power and privilege."

American history is presented as a long sequence of oppressions, from the "construction of a ‘white race’" by colonists in 1680 to President Obama’s stimulus legislation in 2009, "another race neutral act that has disproportionately benefited white people."

Consequently, the Walmart program argues, white Americans have been subjected to "racist conditioning" that indoctrinates them into "white supremacy," or the view "that white people and the ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and actions of white people are superior to People of Color and their ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and actions."

Following the principle that "diagnosis determines treatment," the Walmart program seeks to create a psychological profile of whiteness that can then be treated through "white anti-racist development."

Whites, according to the trainers, are inherently guilty of "white privilege" and "internalized racial superiority," the belief that "one’s comfort, wealth, privilege and success has been earned by merits and hard work" rather than through the benefits of systemic racism.

Walmart’s program argues that this oppressive "white supremacy culture" can be summarized in a list of qualities including "individualism," "objectivity," "paternalism," "defensiveness," "power hoarding," "right to comfort, "and "worship of the written word"—which all "promote white supremacy thinking" and "are damaging to both people of color and to white people."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Providence Anti-Critical Race Whistleblower Teacher Ramona Bessinger Taunted In Troubling Schoolyard Incident

Ramona Bessinger is the Providence, Rhode Island, middle school teacher who gained national attention by blowing the whistle on a racialized and radical Critical Race curriculum introduced a year ago. The hyper-focus on racial oppressor-oppressed narratives not only was poor pedagogy, it led to Bessinger being targeted by students and teachers because she is white, and by administrators because she went public with the information.

Bessinger detailed the curriculum and the retaliation in two posts at Legal Insurrection:
On October 5, 2021, just two days after Bessinger went public about the retaliation, the district served notice on her of possible disciplinary charges, asserted that she let students out of class on September 29, 2021, during an “instructional lockdown” (a lower-level lockdown than a “shelter in place” lockdown). The “pre-discipinary hearing” was scheduled for the morning of October 13.

As we documented, after that hearing notice was served, the Harassment Of Providence Anti-Critical Race Whistleblower Teacher Ramona Bessinger Intensified. On the afternoon of October 12, when Bessinger was not in school, someone put threatening and taunting messages on her classroom whiteboard that then were tweeted at her by unknown accounts:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Hereborn Park: Cosmic Circle

70cdbe02b6fba33b58b5058a9d5c66ca_original.png

Hereborn Park is an upcoming virtual theme park designated for all inhabitants underneath the Black diaspora centered around Black fulfillment, wholeness, and joy. Debuting across the globe in 2022, Hereborn Park is a collective expression of a cohort of Black dreamers dedicated to cultivating art, experiences, and spaces for those seeking out Black joy. Whether skating through the cosmos, exploring Black meccas, creating music, or experiencing one-of-a-kind themed rides, Hereborn guests are offered a consistent opportunity to celebrate Black culture, embrace personal/collective genius, and express themselves fully.

Today, we’re asking for your support to build Phase One of Hereborn Park: Cosmic Circle, also known as Infinite Skate. A virtual web XR experience of cosmic proportions, visitors skate through a portal of memory, pain, and struggle beyond time and space. Cosmic Circle introduces the first icon of Hereborn Park and takes us to an exhilarating experience that ends in euphoric delight and liberation.

92da3451e1b04f838856e729ba456435_original.png

Hereborn Park is for people of the Black diaspora and open to those committed to Black joy and expression. Kasama is the park’s first icon, a Cosmic guide who grants wayward souls facing existential crises a skating experience to transcend painful memories and struggles and delivers them into the abyss of joy which exists beyond time and space.

Kasama is a Hereborn guest’s guide to Black cosmic culture, Afrofuturism, and imagining a liberated future. And while guests outside of the Black diaspora are invited to join the experience, we ask and expect them to honor the space, its inhabitants, and the culture that is prioritized here.

Black spaces for joy have historically been relegated to the margins of society, if not outright banned, burned, or denied. New York City denied a plan for a Black-centered theme park in the 1920s on Hart Island when Black and Brown people were still legally barred from segregated parks like Coney Island. A similar park in Chicago, Joyland Park, only lasted two seasons, and one of the most historic examples to date includes Paradise Park in Florida, lasting 20 years from 1949-1969.

So More AfroCentric Segregation

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Maryland Public School Forces 14-Year-Olds To Take ‘White Privilege Test’

Ninth-grade English students at Sherwood High School were given pre-reading questions for the book “All American Boys” on Monday, Nov. 8, according to a file reviewed by the Daily Caller. The questions linked directly to a Vox article titled “what it means to be anti-racist” and a test called the “white privilege test.” The Vox article promoted the work of “anti-racist” scholar and author Ibram X. Kendi.

The “white privilege test” was adapted by “research on white privilege” from anti-racist activist Peggy McIntosh, according to the test. Students were told to answer “yes or no” to 25 statements.

Statements of white privilege include, “I can go shopping alone and be sure that I won’t be followed or harassed,” “In the history I have studied, my ancestors are given a lot of attention and credit,” and “I never feel out of place, outnumbered, unheard, feared, or hated in my clubs and activities. Instead, I feel tied in and welcomed,” among others.

Screenshot/White Privilege Test/Montgomery County Public Schools
Screenshot/White Privilege Test/Montgomery County Public Schools

HemiHauler

No one is forcing this kid to do anything. Choosing the government to educate is the CHOICE this family made. Don’t like how the government is teaching? Use the private education system or homeschool.

When did society develop these apparently high standards for what is expected from a government product?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

No one is forcing this kid to do anything. Choosing the government to educate is the CHOICE this family made. Don’t like how the government is teaching? Use the private education system or homeschool.

When did society develop these apparently high standards for what is expected from a government product?
Society has always expected high standards and continually fights against non compiling boards. You mean those parents, and non-parents, that are forced to pay property taxes, and Federal and State income taxes, that fund the schools shouldn't expect the State representative government, made up of the People, to stop the forced indoctrination and racist bigoted ideology being forced upon their children?

My. Aren't you a Bolshevik.

HemiHauler

If I may ...

Society has always expected high standards and continually fights against non compiling boards. You mean those parents, and non-parents, that are forced to pay property taxes, and Federal and State income taxes, that fund the schools shouldn't expect the State representative government, made up of the People, to stop the forced indoctrination and racist bigoted ideology being forced upon their children?

My. Aren't you a Bolshevik.

LOL aren’t you cute - using terms you don’t quite understand.

But anyway, abolishing government education would be my preference, replacing it would be a completely private educational system, since the market would be the best and most efficient mechanism to make better outcomes.

Until then, I understand the best way to insulate oneself from government influence is to do for oneself better than the government can do. Yes, I still pay taxes, ostensibly to fund schools. I do my best to minimize all theft of my income using all legal ways I can. You want to stay in a bad system that won’t get better because it’s not designed to ever get better? Be my guest.

I get by and I bet many families can too.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Professor Prescribes 'Reregulation' to Help White People Stop Their Racist Violence

Currently, we’re nestled in a nightmare.

Host Stephen Hintz hypothesized:

“I think that’s part of what whiteness takes from us, is a piece of our humanity.”
As laid out by Lisa — who, like Stephen, is white — “[W]hite supremacy is this massive system that’s infiltrated all of the parts of our social existence.”

Moreover, “White people feel inadequate all the time because they do not feel cultural competency.”

And if you non-BIPOCs weren’t aware, you’re amoral:

t’s…not the responsibility of people of color, to go and, like, fix the white people who are dysregulated and, you know, are alienated and have no ethics, and have no philosophy, and have no moral center.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
UPDATE: Manhattan Beach School Board President Claims Parents Fighting CRT Are Defaming Her, Threatens Legal Action

As the expression goes, “If you’re catching flak, it means you’re over the target.” WeTheParents are catching flak in the form of cease and desist letters simply because they’re advocating for their children in the Manhattan Beach Unified School District – and exercising their First Amendment rights.

[clip]

Again the use of the term “defamatory,” and again referencing only Jennifer Fenton. WeTheParents have also raised concerns about Board member Jason Boxer, as referenced in Part 2 and Part 3 of RedState’s exclusive. But this letter only seems fixated on what was written about Board President Jennifer Fenton.

The attorney again lectures WeTheParents about the group’s “misunderstanding” about the role and authority of individual school board members. However, Jennifer Fenton is the elected representative who became president of the board. Fenton has the role and authority to run the board meetings, decide how these meetings will be conducted, who is allowed to speak at said meetings, and who is not. Fenton is also the one who presents the direction the full board has chosen to take. It is interesting that the issues WeTheParents have with the board’s direction only cropped up since Jennifer Fenton became board president. So, whether decisions and authority are made by the collective board, it is Jennifer Fenton’s leadership as the face, main voice, and point of contact with the board that is seen by the public at large. It is also Fenton who holds the weight of responsibility for properly communicating the board’s goals, direction, and actions to the public. The fact that Fenton used the general counsel of the Manhattan Beach Unified School District to issue a cease and desist letter shows that she has failed miserably in that role.

This letter also references WeTheParents’ October 2 newsletter, which encouraged Manhattan Beach residents to write letters to Fenton in order to address the concerns mentioned in the newsletter. When did a letter-writing campaign become a revolutionary act? Apparently when it involves parents making it known that they’re watching what the School Board does and demand a say in how their children are taught.

The portion of the newsletter referencing Board President Jennifer Fenton reads:

Fenton subscribes to the same beliefs as the group of locals who accused MB of Systemic Racism and needing a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (DEIC) to train residents to be “Anti-Racists.”
In a 4-1 vote, City Council rejected the request by the Bruce’s Beach Task Force members to be a DEIC, but that did not stop Fenton from targeting our schools for something much worse.
Under Fenton’s leadership, she has replaced Academic Excellence and Character Development with ideological beliefs in Social Justice, Gender Fluidity, Critical Race Theory, Intersectionality, White Fragility, and Racial Reckoning, just to name a few.
If you’re not familiar with these terms, you’re not alone.
She intends to hire CLEAR, a company that will act as the race and equity police with classroom walkthroughs, race training for teachers, targeting our youngest with “choosing your gender” lesson plans, and more.
She already paid CLEAR $25,000 to write a report, concluding the Board should hire them!
The School Board no longer aligns with the principles and values that have made our schools the gold standard of excellence.
And worse yet, when parents try to inform fellow residents of what is occurring in our schools by publicly speaking at School Board meetings, Fenton suppresses their message:
  • no participation available via ZOOM; only 1 person in the in-person meeting at a time; speeches on the same topic are cut off; regardless of how many speakers attend, she arbitrarily decides how many will be heard.
  • Squelching speech does not happen in our City Council meetings.
  • The 5 Council Members and the City Attorney ensure all residents who want to speak are not denied. Council meetings are via Zoom, and the link is readily accessible.
  • In the Council meeting that rejected a DEIC, over 400 residents were in attendance on Zoom.
  • It took hours to get through all of the public comments, but no resident was denied their right to weigh in on this crucial decision.
  • There was an overwhelming response from residents to reject the idea of a DEIC, and we are grateful to Council members for listening to the voices of the like-minded majority.
By suppressing public participation in the School Board meetings, Ms. Fenton gives the appearance she is trying to prevent a similar overwhelming response from residents rejecting her decisions and plans for our schools.
Irrespective of her motives, MB residents expect to participate in the School Board meetings with the same transparent access as the City Council meetings.
As of the date of this email, Ms. Fenton has still not made the Board meetings available via Zoom for the October 6th and 20th meetings scheduled to discuss CLEAR. We hope she will change course.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It’s Not Hard To Find CRT Influencing School Curriculum, So Why Do They Keep Lying?

CRT holds that America is fundamentally racist, yet it teaches people to view every social interaction and person in terms of race. Its adherents pursue “antiracism” through ending meritocracy and objective truth, and adopting race-based policies.

The AEI report definitively showed how legacy and education media refuse to acknowledge the hard evidence — numerous clear examples of CRT curriculum taught to students, a CRT pledge on a state website, and the political implications of parents speaking out about CRT at school boards. Far-left activists and establishment media outlets claimed — in strikingly similar language — that CRT isn’t in schools, that conservatives don’t know what CRT is and that anyone who opposes CRT is against teaching children about slavery.

The left also argues that CRT is exclusively taught at the university level, as it was developed as a legal theory by professors such as Columbia University’s Kimberlé Crenshaw. The “critical” approach has “trickled down,” however, and is now a part of the “philosophy of education-school pedagogy and administration,” wrote John McWhorter, an associate professor of linguistics at Columbia University, in the opinion section of the New York Times.