Cro Cop

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
AK-74me said:
In case you missed it last night Cro Cop got blasted in one of the most devestating KO's I've ever seen, it was a huge upset, I would of lost $$$ on this one if I could of found anyone to bet me. Here it is............ http://dnevnik.hr/bin/article.php?article_id=15882&show_media=44494

Certainly well worth the 5 min or so watch

I was crushed! Mirko has been one of my favorite fighters for a LONG time.

Gonzaga has been flying under the radar for a couple years now. I had heard of him before but this was the first time I've seen him fight. The guy is lightening fast and he's still a dough-boy!!!

Amazing.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ouch...

....that was wicked.

Isn't Mirko a righty and therefore, against the lefty, Mirko's not as good kicking with his left leg?

Be interested to know if Gonzaga is a natural righty (right leg) who has developed a pretty good straight right punch which was already wearing on Mirko early.

Also, I hate that they let them lay on the ground forever and, if the top guy has good elbows, it's matter of time, one brutal shot after another. I have no idea why Dean stood them up when he did. Gonzaga was obviously working and wearing his man down.

Jeez, is Cro Cop still alive? Will he ever eat solid food again?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Larry Gude said:
....that was wicked.

Isn't Mirko a righty and therefore, against the lefty, Mirko's not as good kicking with his left leg?

Be interested to know if Gonzaga is a natural righty (right leg) who has developed a pretty good straight right punch which was already wearing on Mirko early.

Also, I hate that they let them lay on the ground forever and, if the top guy has good elbows, it's matter of time, one brutal shot after another. I have no idea why Dean stood them up when he did. Gonzaga was obviously working and wearing his man down.

Did you watch his leg as he fell?

I can't believe he walked out of there, they interviewed him maybe 5 mins after the fight and he was out of it big time, but it was amazing that he was he able to speak.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep...

AK-74me said:
Did you watch his leg as he fell?

I can't believe he walked out of there, they interviewed him maybe 5 mins after the fight and he was out of it big time, but it was amazing that he was he able to speak.

...like a sack of potatoes; the entire body goes limp when all the circuits trip like that. Being knocked out is a defense mechanism so that the shock doesn't blow everything up. If he'd of been not quite out, he'd have likely hurt his knee trying to regain his balance. As it was, just collapse. Sleepy, sleepy time.

That #### is scary.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Larry Gude said:

A LOT of that is the individual referee. I like John Mcarthy and Herb Dean. Both of them protect the fighters well. Mazzagati on the other hand... Eh, don't like him as much. I've seen a couple fighters get hurt BADLY because he delayed.

Cro Cop said last year that he was ready to retire after the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix. When he won the Grand Prix, both Pride and UFC (now the same organization) threw EMNORMOUS amounts of money at him to get him to sign multi fight contracts. He's the "gate keeper" to a heavy weight title shot and a damn good on but yeah, I think he's starting to decline a bit from is peak. :bawl: The man is a legend!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Lugnut said:
A LOT of that is the individual referee. I like John Mcarthy and Herb Dean. Both of them protect the fighters well. Mazzagati on the other hand... Eh, don't like him as much. I've seen a couple fighters get hurt BADLY because he delayed.

Cro Cop said last year that he was ready to retire after the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix. When he won the Grand Prix, both Pride and UFC (now the same organization) threw EMNORMOUS amounts of money at him to get him to sign multi fight contracts. He's the "gate keeper" to a heavy weight title shot and a damn good on but yeah, I think he's starting to decline a bit from is peak. :bawl: The man is a legend!
Are you sure that wasn't staged, that the knock out just wasn't good acting??
:sarcasm:

OUCH!! You know his head is still ringing.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
itsbob said:
Are you sure that wasn't staged, that the knock out just wasn't good acting??
:sarcasm:

:lmao: Well, you never really know for sure, but yeah I'm confident it wasn't staged. :lmao:

tugboater

Miller Tang Soo Do Rocks
I have to say this year is the year of the upsets so far who's next.That didn't look that good how his leg and ankle rolled under him that was just nasty looking.