Croaker Report

T

toppick08

Here's a picture of a few of the fish we caught... The rest were in their coolers. We fish out of Solomons and have a long ride south to find these fish. We left the dock late because of storms so we didn't get back until about 1am. Most of these guys slept on the way back to the dock - At 1am we were all dragging our buts...that explains the lack of smiles.

The fish were stacked up good, and took every bait we had on board. Shrimp, crab, squid, worms... it didn't matter. If you got a bite... leave your hooks down there a little longer, and you'll have two on the line.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q147/CrowBait_photos/080226124336.jpg

Nice hardheads.....:yay:

bohman

A simple two hook rig with a sinker.

If you've never done anything but freshwater, I reccomend hiring a guide/charter and learning from them. I know I don't mind answering questions... that's how I learned. Now I'm a mate.

Probably a good idea.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
If you've never done anything but freshwater, I reccomend hiring a guide/charter and learning from them. I know I don't mind answering questions... that's how I learned. Now I'm a mate.

Yup that's me, mostly freshwater. The only saltwater fishing I've done has been off of piers and it's been a while.

I need to pick up some heavier gear eventually but I'm making do with what I have for now.

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
If you've been a bass fishermen, you would LOVE livelining.

Its a freaking blast.

What kind of a rig do you run when livelining?

On the west coast I used to run a mud fish about 3-5 feet above a sinker, and run the line taught to keep the fish from burrowing. Rockfish (Stripers out there) loved them.