Croakers

shark2003

Not yet,but it is about that time again.
Tried some Perch fishing Friday but didnt get anything,I dont think the Perch have moved down the rivers from their spawning areas yet. Croakers should be here anytime now though.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Still a bit early for croaker. I had a buddy try his luck at the fishing pier on Solomons Friday. He fished the entire time with the same bait, so nothing even touched it.

fish67

I have unconfirmed reports of croaker showing up in some pound nets in the Pt. Lookout area already. Seems early to me, but it might be time to give it a go.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I have unconfirmed reports of croaker showing up in some pound nets in the Pt. Lookout area already. Seems early to me, but it might be time to give it a go.

The outdoor /fishing report guy in the Enterprise said this last week too. My boy (7) asked if the fish were here yet and I told him yeah but the ospreys are going to have better luck than us for another couple of weeks or so.

tipsymcgee

A few croaker being caught in Bushwood. People have caught a few off the public pier there. Biting mid-morning on warmer days, they catch 2 or 3 and that's it for the day. Small perch and nice catfish also, but all very spotty.

Anabaptist

People say it's early, but the croakers commonly enter our waters towards the end of April. A few Aprils ago I caught 12 croakers from Point Lookout's shore. One was 19 inches and got the Tackle Box's award for the largest croaker in April.

Anabaptist

The paper says that they are showing up in the Bushwood area, but it isn't strong yet. A boat that was fishing Hog Point around the mouth of the Patuxent caught 20 nice ones. Fishing reports are based on the pioneers. I'm going to try for them this evening. I'll inform y'all if they're biting.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The paper says that they are showing up in the Bushwood area, but it isn't strong yet. A boat that was fishing Hog Point around the mouth of the Patuxent caught 20 nice ones. Fishing reports are based on the pioneers. I'm going to try for them this evening. I'll inform y'all if they're biting.

Weather permitting, I'll give Bushwood Wharf a try tomorrow and report back. My little boat hasn't seen the water in years.

At least if it's overcast (drizzling), the cats should be biting.

:buddies:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Weather permitting, I'll give Bushwood Wharf a try tomorrow and report back. My little boat hasn't seen the water in years.

At least if it's overcast (drizzling), the cats should be biting.

:buddies:

I have a late soccer game tonight or else I'd be slinging some chicken liver myself. I usually catch by casting towards/under my neighbors pier.:yay: Good times.

Anabaptist

I caught four croakers at Point Lookout tonight. I wasn't impressed with the average size which seemed to be 12-15 inches. I latched into something that felt bigger, but it broke the hook off of my rig. On the Potomac river side of the point, you saw someone pull in a fish about every ten minutes or so. On the causeway, folks were catching about one an hour. It's still slow, but they are here. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Anabaptist

Friday night's catch:

IMG_0867.jpg

The One that got away:

IMG_0868.jpg

Last edited: