Crock pot recipes

watercolor

yeah yeah
I did a search on the forums for recipes for the crock pot. Found one, but it had been a while since it was updated. Anyone have any new recipes to share? Preferablly one that can be turned on at 9am and left till 5:30+. Looking for all dishes: chili's, soups, veggie dishes, and even meat dishes.

Mikeinsmd

watercolor said:
I did a search on the forums for recipes for the crock pot. Found one, but it had been a while since it was updated. Anyone have any new recipes to share? Preferablly one that can be turned on at 9am and left till 5:30+. Looking for all dishes: chili's, soups, veggie dishes, and even meat dishes.
Go to store & get the ones made by banquet (freezer section). They're great

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I have two:

1) Italian beef: put a beef roast in the crock pot, cover it 2/3 with water, and put in 1 package of dry italian dressing mix (good seasons ???) per lb of meat. When you get home, take the roast out and using two forks, shred the meat (which will pretty much just fall apart anyway). Put the shredded beef back in the juice for a few minutes. Serve it on italian or sourdough sub rolls.

2) Again, beef roast, in the crock pot. Rub it with the crumbled dry beef bouillon (in a jar by the beef bouillon cubes at the store). Add water to about half way up on the roast. Put baby carrots and cut up potatoes (in decent chunks or they'll fall apart) on top of the roast and sprinkle a little of the crumbled bouillon on top of those.

Both of these can cook all day long while you're at work and will be super tender when you get home. :yum:

Mikeinsmd

watercolor said:
Nice! thanks guys! :) And mike.. I have looked for those.. and I cant find em.. hrm...
CC- delish.. :yum:
McKays, Food Lion, any grocery store. Look in the freezer sections
Banquet Crock Pot Classics

CityGrl

Time for a nap
I know this sounds weird, but Hamburger Helper has them too! They have Beef Stroganoff and Pot Roast.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Mikeinsmd said:
McKays, Food Lion, any grocery store. Look in the freezer sections
Banquet Crock Pot Classics

Had one yesterday and we couldn't eat it all.....That's syaing something for this household....Very good...Have chicken & dumplins in the freezer....Can't wait...I did add a little extra beef to it and I will to the chicken too.... :getdown:

Mikeinsmd

Dupontster said:
Had one yesterday and we couldn't eat it all.....That's syaing something for this household....Very good...Have chicken & dumplins in the freezer....Can't wait...I did add a little extra beef to it and I will to the chicken too.... :getdown:
I throw in some Cayenne (sp) to spice it up too....

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Mikeinsmd said:
CMC posted that today..... I went to Tenneysons for chili ingredients

Made a big crock of chili today...Haven't even got in it yet...She even puts sausage in it..(Bob Evans Hot & Spicy) So good it'll make ya slap ya gramamma.....Gettin ready to get in it now.... :getdown:

Mikeinsmd

Dupontster said:
Made a big crock of chili today...Haven't even got in it yet...She even puts sausage in it..(Bob Evans Hot & Spicy) So good it'll make ya slap ya gramamma.....Gettin ready to get in it now.... :getdown:
Oooo...sausage. Good idea. I need cumin so I'll hit Mckays tomorrow & get some sausage too.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Vince said:
Post recipe.

1 lb. bulk pork sausage. (Bob Evans hot & spicy works good)
1 lb. ground beef.
2 cans (15 1/2 oz ea.) hot chili beans.
1 jar (16 oz.) salsa.
1 can (16 oz.) Kidney beans....rinsed & drained.
1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans....rinsed & drained.
1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatos, undrained.
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted. (yes)
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce.
8 oz. process cheese (Velveeta), cubed.
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder.
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.

In a soup kettle or dutch oven, cook the sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; (brown it) Drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through..Yield 14 servings (3 1/2 quarts)...It's even better if you eat it the next day....It just lets the flavor go all through it....We browned the meat then crocked it for a while.....Thar ya go...