Crock pot

Roman

Chuck Roast, add one can of full bodied Coke, and one jar of Chili Sauce. I know it sounds disgusting, but my god...this turns out so good!

MarieB

I make grape jelly meatballs too. You can have them as an appetizer or serve them with rice for dinner

Meatballs, jar of grape jelly (or cranberry sauce is ok too), and a jar of chili sauce

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I make grape jelly meatballs too. You can have them as an appetizer or serve them with rice for dinner

Meatballs, jar of grape jelly (or cranberry sauce is ok too), and a jar of chili sauce

I've made the meatballs that way - just never a chuck roast.

sunnyside393

Chuck roast and 2-3 cans of Campbells golden mushroom soup--depending on the size of the roast.....cook until tender.........:yahoo:

acommondisaster

Small chuck roast
Jar of pepperocinis (the sliced kind) reserve the liquid
minced garlic clove
1 medium onion sliced thin
T of oregano
1 beef boullion cube (optional)

Dump the pepperocinis on top of a small chuck or rump roast. Add the garlic, oregano, and onion and boullion if you're usingit. I add a bit of the pepperocini liquid, cover and cook on low heat until the beef can be shredded. I check it once in awhile to see if it needs more liquid, it usually doesn't. Salt and pepper to taste.

Serve on crusty rolls.

This is actually even better the 2nd day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pumpkin butter

4 cups cooked pureed pumpkin
1 cup apple juice
1 cup honey
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup molasses (cut back on the molasses and replace with maple syrup if you don't like the taste)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
pinch of salt

Mix it all together and dump it in the crockpot on low for 5 hours.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I suppose we all use the crock pot for corned beef brisket. All I do in the way of being creative is add potatoes and carrots, I use beef broth instead of water, and I add a generous amount of Emeril's Essence. Cook it on high until it bubbles, then cook it on low until your stomach overrides your patience and you just HAVE to eat. (The whole process probably takes about 4 hours). The trick to tender slices is to cut ACROSS the grain of the meat (I know, y'all already know that).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I wanted a quick and easy crock pot recipe for one of the two nice chuck shoulder roasts I picked up from BJ's, so I tried this recipe. OMG, so delicious! :yum: I did make some tweaks but pretty much followed the recipe: added a sliced Vidalia onion and chopped celery to the potatoes and carrots, and used both fresh ground smoked sea salt and peppercorn medley for the salt and pepper seasonings.

https://diethood.com/slow-cooker-balsamic-pot-roast/

*Note: this website is selling Star brand products, which I did NOT use. :lol:

luvmygdaughters

I wanted a quick and easy crock pot recipe for one of the two nice chuck shoulder roasts I picked up from BJ's, so I tried this recipe. OMG, so delicious! :yum: I did make some tweaks but pretty much followed the recipe: added a sliced Vidalia onion and chopped celery to the potatoes and carrots, and used both fresh ground smoked sea salt and peppercorn medley for the salt and pepper seasonings.

https://diethood.com/slow-cooker-balsamic-pot-roast/

*Note: this website is selling Star brand products, which I did NOT use. :lol:

:drool: Sounds delicious!!!! I've got a chuck roast in the freezer, may have to make this for the weekend!! Thanks for sharing!

gemma_rae

I love chuck roast this way too, so many muscle groups (meat textures if that grosses you out). I do mine in either a covered two quart pan or Dutch oven because the crock pot is a pain to wash. Just put it on the lowest setting on the range and DON'T open the lid.

luvmygdaughters

I love chuck roast this way too, so many muscle groups (meat textures if that grosses you out). I do mine in either a covered two quart pan or Dutch oven because the crock pot is a pain to wash. Just put it on the lowest setting on the range and DON'T open the lid.

You can buy liners for the crockpot, its a breeze to clean up!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:drool: Sounds delicious!!!! I've got a chuck roast in the freezer, may have to make this for the weekend!! Thanks for sharing!

YVW. I love to try new recipes and this was a winner! Also make sure you put the nutmeg in as it really makes the other spices sing.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

I just bought a crock pot with a removable ceramic stoneware crock for 20 bucks. Easy peasy to wash and find that the beginning tip about spraying the pot with non-stick spray before putting in your ingredients really works. :yay:

luvmygdaughters

Its not a chuck roast, but a london broil in the freezer, you think it would still work using your recipe? Hubby wants it for dinner on Sunday.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I cooked a chuck roast in my crock pot a couple weeks ago. On the bottom was baby carrots, quartered red potatoes, and big chunks of celery and onion, then the roast was placed on top of the veggies. I poured in a 'Beer for Breakfast Stout' (I knew I'd get rid of that beer somehow), and sprinkled on some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I set it up the evening before I cooked it and let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. Had my other-half pull it out of the 'frige before he went to work and set the crock on low to cook away until I got home (cooked for about 7 hours).

Let me tell you, the end result was fantastic! I must make an effort to cook more with beer and wine.