Cromwells

NavyMA85

Has anyone picked up from them recently? if so what was your original paperwork date? I was notified two fridays ago by them early releases were starting oldest to newest and I was a 4/9 which isnt far off from where MSP already is on checks..Just trying to figure out how far along cromwells is or if they stopped early releases?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Has anyone picked up from them recently? if so what was your original paperwork date? I was notified two fridays ago by them early releases were starting oldest to newest and I was a 4/9 which isnt far off from where MSP already is on checks..Just trying to figure out how far along cromwells is or if they stopped early releases?

not sure they ever started doing early releases.

Got an e-mail saying they were investigating processes, and how best to protect themselves and his license, but didn't hear anything beyond that.

I should be close to, or over 60 days myself, and haven't heard anything.

NavyMA85

not sure they ever started doing early releases.

Got an e-mail saying they were investigating processes, and how best to protect themselves and his license, but didn't hear anything beyond that.

I should be close to, or over 60 days myself, and haven't heard anything.

You don't have MSP clearance yet, but see following:
8th Day Release - MSP put out some procedures for dealers choosing to release firearms after the mandatory eight-day wait period. HOWEVER!!!, we have to tread lightly, because we spoke to MSP on this subject and they have strongly discouraged this and will not say it's OK, but only tell us what to do if we choose not to wait. They also hint that there may be repercussions. They control our Regulated license, so they can make life difficult for us. Having said all that, we are willing to start implementing early transfers without MSP approval after the mandatory wait period, but it will take time to do this (we have over 400 applications in process) and it will be in the order of paperwork start date. We will also have to run our own NICS check for each applicant. We understand everyone is frustrated and so are we, because we, the dealer, have been impacted with this #### storm MSP has created, more than anyone; please remember, this situation is not our doing and we are taking on liability releasing early! Please be patient and we will contact you soon for an early release.

thats the email i received on jun 7 so its been almost 2 weeks and msp was on 3/27 apps last week and i did my app on 4/9...I dont see it taking that long to get through 2 weeks of transfers...im starting to wonder if they changed there mind and stopped releasing :smack:

Midnightrider

You don't have MSP clearance yet, but see following:
8th Day Release - MSP put out some procedures for dealers choosing to release firearms after the mandatory eight-day wait period. HOWEVER!!!, we have to tread lightly, because we spoke to MSP on this subject and they have strongly discouraged this and will not say it's OK, but only tell us what to do if we choose not to wait. They also hint that there may be repercussions. They control our Regulated license, so they can make life difficult for us. Having said all that, we are willing to start implementing early transfers without MSP approval after the mandatory wait period, but it will take time to do this (we have over 400 applications in process) and it will be in the order of paperwork start date. We will also have to run our own NICS check for each applicant. We understand everyone is frustrated and so are we, because we, the dealer, have been impacted with this #### storm MSP has created, more than anyone; please remember, this situation is not our doing and we are taking on liability releasing early! Please be patient and we will contact you soon for an early release.

thats the email i received on jun 7 so its been almost 2 weeks and msp was on 3/27 apps last week and i did my app on 4/9...I dont see it taking that long to get through 2 weeks of transfers...im starting to wonder if they changed there mind and stopped releasing :smack:

From what i understand the ATF no longer allows MD FFLS to run NICS checks for handguns or for "other" and that they are closely watching the rest of the checks. Cromwells might not be releasing early after all. My wife is in the same boat as you guys, hers was a 4/3 purchase and she is expecting the call from them either way

NavyMA85

Maryland officially sucks My wife should have kept her residency in VA rediculous to pay all this money only to wait 71 days and counting FML...