Cross Mutts...

mitzi

I forgot to say that when I was four, my father Standard Oil geophysicist was transferred to Cochabamba Bolivia. We had a German Shepherd named Ocita, and Dauchshound named Negrita. They were pure bred, and that is why I am fluent in Espanol today, and grad from HS a year early when I was 17. Quite the adventure.

Wow, all that worldliness and no knowledge of how to interact with people.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My boss's wife has one of those labradoodies and absolutely adores it. It's as dumb as dirt. To each his/her own. I've always owned mutts and wouldn't dream of paying for a pedigree, much less a mutt.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We only paid for two dogs my entire life. Parents bought a cocker spaniel when I was little. Husband and I bought an Alaskan Malamute. You just can't find Malamutes in shelters and that was the dog of my dreams. Unfortunately she got bone cancer in her front leg and had to be put to sleep at age 5. 😢

My boss's wife has one of those labradoodies and absolutely adores it. It's as dumb as dirt. To each his/her own. I've always owned mutts and wouldn't dream of paying for a pedigree, much less a mutt.
Dumb dogs=dumb owners. Kinda like people that look like their pets.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I forgot to say that when I was four, my father Standard Oil geophysicist was transferred to Cochabamba Bolivia. We had a German Shepherd named Ocita, and Dauchshound named Negrita. They were pure bred, and that is why I am fluent in Espanol today, and grad from HS a year early when I was 17. Quite the adventure.

Dachshund. :yay:

Louise

Why are you brigning Vrai/Apollo into this?
Apollo was a rescue that was lucky to have been taken in by Vrai. He is super cute, very smart and I doubt Vrai cares that he's a mutt or fully bred. I don't think she wastes her time on your kind of attention whoring nonsense.
And, personally, there are a lot of dogs I don't think are cute and yours happens to be one of them.

Apollo is a mix. Whatever, ff. It is about rescue and adoption; which has happened all my life, until Daisy. Not about your opinion of me. I hope your small biz makes it through the craziness of it all that our country is going through, now. Hypocrite comes to mind. Oh, and yeah, reread your posts. Best wishes. You kind of remind me of ArkRescue who doesn’t post here, anymore.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
Apollo is a mix. Whatever, ff. It is about rescue and adoption; which has happened all my life, until Daisy. Not about your opinion of me. I hope your small biz makes it through the craziness of it all that our country is going through, now. Hypocrite comes to mind. Oh, and yeah, reread your posts. Best wishes. You kind of remind me of ArkRescue who doesn’t post here, anymore.

What is all about rescue and adoption? The title of this thread is cross mutts!

And no, I am nothing like Arkie. She was an animal rescuer; I am not though I support animal rescue 100%.

And you think it is hypocritical for me to not think a dog is cute? Like people, I don't have to like or love each and every one I encounter. And like people, I don't find all of them attractive. Ya know, that "she's got a face only a mother could love" applies to both humans and canines!

But in all fairness, I have seen a picture of you and you are attractive on the outside but my opinion is that you are an ugly person on the inside.

Apollo is one of the cross bred doodles. Just to let you know. Doodles are awesome.
Why did you wait 7 days to bump the thread?

Doodles are ugly. Especially yours. It matches your personality.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I seriously doubt that Vrai went in and said give me a cross bred doodle. I've had dogs from shelters and the process is normally OMG what a cutie.
Calling @vraiblonde to the tread!

She didn't "pick" a cross bred Doodle. He is a rescue dog in the truest sense of the word. I don't remember all the details, but she went to TX to see her kids and I think one of them found this dog and couldn't keep him. (?) And she fell in love with him! Also, she was NEVER a dog person!! I was shocked when she was posting about driving back with a dog!! :faint:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Calling @vraiblonde to the tread!

She didn't "pick" a cross bred Doodle. He is a rescue dog in the truest sense of the word. I don't remember all the details, but she went to TX to see her kids and I think one of them found this dog and couldn't keep him. (?) And she fell in love with him! Also, she was NEVER a dog person!! I was shocked when she was posting about driving back with a dog!! :faint:
True story. She was a cat person.

black dog

Free America
Funny how Wally Conrad, the inventor of the labradoodle called it a mutt frankinstein..
Its another do nothing dog that runs jumping and pawing at folksand then runs around like, look at me....look at meeeeee,,,,,,
and then runs into a tree.
I'll take my Chesapeake that can earn its keep anyday over a stupid, supposedly hypo allergenic dog...